GDT: 2021 World Junior Summer Showcase

PlayOn

Jun 22, 2010
I know our defense had a rough start last year but it's probably the part of our team I'm most optimistic about

We already have a #1D in Chabot, a solid 2nd pair guy in Zub, then we got
Brannstrom
Sanderson
Kleven
JBD
and even Thomson as promising prospects

It has a lot of potential for sure.

My hope is that we extend Zub when the time comes, sign another top 4 RD, and then obviously we have Chabot and Sanderson as our stars. After that, keep the best two of Brannstrom/JBD/Thomson/Kleven and we could have one of the best defensive cores in the NHL.

Reactions: Wallet Inspector

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
NO Kleven today for USA White today down 2-1 in 1st
I watched some of the USA versus Finland game (on NHL Network), and I didn't hear Sanderson or any of our other prospects name mentioned. I had several other things on the go at the same time, so maybe I missed it, but it seemed a little odd that I didn't hear or see anything involving our prospects.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
I thought Kleven was on Blue with Boucher. Sanderson on White. I could be wrong.
Oh good point. Yeah that was the case. Well Taam White just played and Tyler Boucher was on it and neither Tyler Kleven or Jake Sanderson was. Maybe Sanderson and Kleven will play for Team Blue later today.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
The hardest thing will be making space for all of them. I think Greig also has a good shot at breaking into the lineup in 22-23, same with Sokolov and depending on where the sens draft in 22 there are a number of players who could be day 1 NHL starters. Then there is also JBD and Thomson who could be knocking at the door. Is the team going to have another season with 4+ rookies? That being said:

Tkachuk Norris Batherson
Stützle Pinto Boucher
Sokolov Greig CBrown

Chabot JBD
Sanderson Zub
Klevin Zaitsev

Sure seems like it would be a fun lineup right now and tough as hell to play against.

Which wing does Sokolov play? He is a right-handed shooter and listed as LW/RW.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I know our defense had a rough start last year but it's probably the part of our team I'm most optimistic about

We already have a #1D in Chabot, a solid 2nd pair guy in Zub, then we got
Brannstrom
Sanderson
Kleven
JBD
and even Thomson as promising prospects
fify

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
Pretty scary to think about it...Chabot and Sanderson both eating up 22-25 minutes a piece....that's a lot of time for (potential) offense in a game.

And this is why it was such a fantastic pick at #5. Alot of fans freaked out over selecting a defenseman with a top 5 pick because they all wanted another elite forward, but the prospect of solidifying our defense for the next 3-5 years minimum is too good to pass up.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004

Something wrong with the clock on this clip, 1st period 19:45 on the clock & it's 2-1 for Sweden.??? On the point at hand, Boucher is going to be a game changer & momentum changer & is definitely going to change games in the playoffs where it counts the most. :nod:

SENStastic

Sep 27, 2015

:laugh::laugh::laugh:
K-train is the perfect nickname for him, what a beast. Hope he has what it takes to make it to the big club, we could use an imposing D-man on the backend to manhandle everyone. And Lol 2 for the price of one and he barely had to put any effort in. Wrecking machine!

That Merilainen kid is not too shabby either, nice to see our goalie prospect depth is stronger than expected, especially after losing Daccord.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad