GDT: 2021 World Junior Summer Showcase

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Sanderson does seem ridiculous. Elite Skating Ryan Suter? wtf is that?

he’s like slow fast. If EK was a Gazelle hustling and busy, Sanderson is an Orca and slick and smooth

Best thing to see in the time of being a Sens fan was EK in his prime skate away from NHL players who looked like they had been on skates for 3 days - don’t think we’ll see that again for a long time.

EK revolutionized the game the way Patrick Roy did, just completely reinvented the position and how coaches and scouts believed Dman could play, and showed fans a game they hadn’t seen before in this style of the modern speed NHL - just like Roy did in his day with the Goalie position.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheDebater

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
i'm thinking all three of Sanderson, Kleven and Boucher could put pressure on a roster spot for next year (22/23). Sanderson a no-brainer, but Kleven really has a presence. Boucher is hard to not notice.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
i'm thinking all three of Sanderson, Kleven and Boucher could put pressure on a roster spot for next year (22/23). Sanderson a no-brainer, but Kleven really has a presence. Boucher is hard to not notice.

I think with good years Kleven and Boucher could turn pro. Sanderson as you say is a sure thing ... Let's hope they all stay healthy and get a good development year in.

Boucher could probably stay, but I think he can continue to develop in the AHL after this year, same with Kleven. They both have the physical traits.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Sanderson is really going to be a good one. Not as electric as EK, and won't put up those kinds of crazy points (who does?), but he'll be so much better defensively, and will be the guy who gets the play started and gets the puck up the ice consistently.

Pretty scary to think about it...Chabot and Sanderson both eating up 22-25 minutes a piece....that's a lot of time for (potential) offense in a game.

SAK11

Oct 4, 2011
Sanderson is really going to be a good one. Not as electric as EK, and won't put up those kinds of crazy points (who does?), but he'll be so much better defensively, and will be the guy who gets the play started and gets the puck up the ice consistently.

Pretty scary to think about it...Chabot and Sanderson both eating up 22-25 minutes a piece....that's a lot of time for (potential) offense in a game.

Our own left-handed version of Pietrangelo-Parayko.

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
he’s like slow fast. If EK was a Gazelle hustling and busy, Sanderson is an Orca and slick and smooth

Best thing to see in the time of being a Sens fan was EK in his prime skate away from NHL players who looked like they had been on skates for 3 days - don’t think we’ll see that again for a long time.

EK revolutionized the game the way Patrick Roy did, just completely reinvented the position and how coaches and scouts believed Dman could play, and showed fans a game they hadn’t seen before in this style of the modern speed NHL - just like Roy did in his day with the Goalie position.

I like Eric Karlsson too but there were other revolutionary defensemen named Orr and Coffey who were extraordinary at offensive play too and were in the league long before Eric.

Reactions: Ed Wood

Dan Patrick

Mar 11, 2020

The hardest thing will be making space for all of them. I think Greig also has a good shot at breaking into the lineup in 22-23, same with Sokolov and depending on where the sens draft in 22 there are a number of players who could be day 1 NHL starters. Then there is also JBD and Thomson who could be knocking at the door. Is the team going to have another season with 4+ rookies? That being said:

Tkachuk Norris Batherson
Stützle Pinto Boucher
Sokolov Greig CBrown

Chabot JBD
Sanderson Zub
Klevin Zaitsev

Sure seems like it would be a fun lineup right now and tough as hell to play against.

Reactions: DrEasy and Cosmix

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
I like Eric Karlsson too but there were other revolutionary defensemen named Orr and Coffey who were extraordinary at offensive play too and were in the league long before Eric.

for his generation. Since Coffey in the mid 80s nobody did what EK had done and that’s a 30 year gap. And to do it in an NHL that so hard to score and generate offence, I mean Coffey had a 138 point season and scored 48 goals.

Ek’s best teammate was Kyle Turris, Coffeys was Wayne and Mario. I understand the comparable but it starts and stops as the two best skating/ offensive Dman since Orr.

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
I'm less impressed by Klevens hits, we knew he could do that, than I am about the clips of him carrying the puck up ice and shooting. That's what I want to see.

I also want to see some passes from behind the net and passing it to his defensive partner while being forechecked.

Reactions: Cosmix

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
for his generation. Since Coffey in the mid 80s nobody did what EK had done and that’s a 30 year gap. And to do it in an NHL that so hard to score and generate offence, I mean Coffey had a 138 point season and scored 48 goals.

Ek’s best teammate was Kyle Turris, Coffeys was Wayne and Mario. I understand the comparable but it starts and stops as the two best skating/ offensive Dman since Orr.

The Spezza and Alfie disrespect here tho

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
I’d like to see Kleven in the A for at least a couple months.
Boucher could be more of a possibility imo

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I'm less impressed by Klevens hits, we knew he could do that, than I am about the clips of him carrying the puck up ice and shooting. That's what I want to see.

I also want to see some passes from behind the net and passing it to his defensive partner while being forechecked.

Agreed. I want see some hockey skills in addition to strong physical play including boxing out opponents in front of the net and pinning them into the boards with force.

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
EK revolutionized the game the way Patrick Roy did, just completely reinvented the position and how coaches and scouts believed Dman could play, and showed fans a game they hadn’t seen before in this style of the modern speed NHL - just like Roy did in his day with the Goalie position
I think you are forgetting Bobby Orr.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
I think you are forgetting Bobby Orr.

ive never seen Bobby Orr play a Game of hockey in person or on TV so I only really ever comment on players from Gretzky era on. I think too many people make arguments about players they have never seen outside of hilite reels

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
I know our defense had a rough start last year but it's probably the part of our team I'm most optimistic about

We already have a #1D in Chabot, a solid 2nd pair guy in Zub, then we got
Brannstrom
Sanderson
Kleven
JBD
and even Thomson as promising prospects

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad