GDT: 2021 World Junior Summer Showcase

R2010

May 23, 2011
When Drysdale started looking really good in the NHL a whole bunch of people started crapping on picking Sanderson. But maybe they should have been wondering if Drysdale was that good then how amazing is Sanderson going to be if the Senators thought he'd be better?

Sure. Sanderson looking fantastic. Drysdale too. Both great picks. Anaheim made it clear they were taking whoever was left. Ottawa liked Drysdale. If we rearranged their selecting slots (which is what I think would have happened) both teams would also be happy. Different players. Both end up top pairing probably. I *think* the right shot offensive D was something we probably would have benefitted from but Brannstrom didn't take the steps I was hoping he would this last year so Sanderson was clearly the right pick for us. Elite defender.

Reactions: bert and aragorn

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
When Drysdale started looking really good in the NHL a whole bunch of people started crapping on picking Sanderson. But maybe they should have been wondering if Drysdale was that good then how amazing is Sanderson going to be if the Senators thought he'd be better?

1497362918_jake-gyllenhaal-mind-blown.gif

Reactions: StoicSensFan

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Sanderson has Norris Trophy type abilities IMO, reminds me more of Suter than McDonagh, JBD reminds me of McDonagh, hopefully both reach their peak & potential.

Sanderson, Boucher, JBD, Kleven, Ostapchuk, Greig, Gustavsson, Sokolov & Jarventie all good players we're waiting for.

Reactions: armani

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Sanderson has Norris Trophy type abilities IMO, reminds me more of Suter than McDonagh, JBD reminds me of McDonagh, hopefully both reach their peak & potential.

Sanderson, Boucher, JBD, Kleven, Ostapchuk, Greig, Gustavsson, Sokolov & Jarventie all good players we're waiting for.

Don't forget Crookshank and Latimer (Formentonesque), also Lassi T will get his cup of tea after he is steeped in BSens. Even if just half of them hit their ceiling (or close to it), it's great news for the organizational depth chart. Still missing the elusive #1C, but solid enough to be a regular playoff team.

Reactions: aragorn

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Don't forget Crookshank and Latimer (Formentonesque), also Lassi T will get his cup of tea after he is steeped in BSens. Even if just half of them hit their ceiling (or close to it), it's great news for the organizational depth chart. Still missing the elusive #1C, but solid enough to be a regular playoff team.
Latimer to me looks like a Guenther clone, if he can get the offence going that could turn into a great sleeper pick.

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
Latimer is interesting. Lots to like. Put him with Grieg and see if there is chemistry. And I'm coming around on Boucher. Needs a little work on the self control, but the passion just oozes brut force. He may not be The Bison but I'm sure we can find him a great name.

Reactions: aragorn

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad