2021 VGK off season discussion thread

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
We've been waiting for Roy to break out the past couple of years, but he was pretty awful the first half of last season. I wouldn't be surprised to see him starting back at 4C on a new look 4th line in October with Howden on his left side.

I think there's still a move to be made after training camp to maximize LTIR. I'm still not convinced they're not shopping Hague. Theodore might play LD with Petro for Team Canada as a pairing, and having him switch back to the left side in Vegas would leave a spot open for Coghlan with McNabb. Miromanov and Korczak aren't too far from playing regular RD minutes either IMO.

Might as well pencil in Krebs to play in the top 9 at some point too. I can't see him spending more than 20 games in Henderson.

But as far as the 1C move, before making their annual 'all or nothing' trade for a legit 1st line center, it should be swapping Karlsson with Stephenson.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
We've been waiting for Roy to break out the past couple of years, but he was pretty awful the first half of last season. I wouldn't be surprised to see him starting back at 4C on a new look 4th line in October with Howden on his left side.

I think there's still a move to be made after training camp to maximize LTIR. I'm still not convinced they're not shopping Hague. Theodore might play LD with Petro for Team Canada as a pairing, and having him switch back to the left side in Vegas would leave a spot open for Coghlan with McNabb. Miromanov and Korczak aren't too far from playing regular RD minutes either IMO.

Might as well pencil in Krebs to play in the top 9 at some point too. I can't see him spending more than 20 games in Henderson.

But as far as the 1C move, before making their annual 'all or nothing' trade for a legit 1st line center, it should be swapping Karlsson with Stephenson.
I thought GOATsar was our new 1C :sarcasm::laugh::laugh:

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden

The issue with swapping Bill, & Stepho though is that the 2nd line is now so much worse. The decision to have Bill on the Y1 line has always been to balance out the lineup for me.

Reactions: The Duck Knight

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I'm more worried about them getting Whitecloud locked up so they can free up some cap on a 1C for next season (someone like Hertl). Another reason adding Dadonov was a short-sighted move (although he's good bait to bring over Morozov).

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Watch them include Brisson, and he becomes great while Krebs has injury problems and can't stay up in the NHL to later be traded for an injury riddled Kakko.

Krebs/Brisson/Morozov/Dean will be a 1C and take turns with Suzuki winning the Conn Smythe every other year.

Speaking of which,

Tin foil time: Elvenes was healthy enough to be sent to Henderson camp. Maybe he didn't play in preseason because Vegas didn't want him to have a bad showcase.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Krebs/Brisson/Morozov/Dean will be a 1C and take turns with Suzuki winning the Conn Smythe every other year.

Speaking of which,

Tin foil time: Elvenes was healthy enough to be sent to Henderson camp. Maybe he didn't play in preseason because Vegas didn't want him to have a bad showcase.

Are we still in the mix? We'd have to send Smith and Dadonov to make it work.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013

Who knows at this point, but i could see Mcrimmon giving in if the Knights get off to a bad start. Although Eichel wouldn't exactly help the team turn around since he still needs surgery.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012

I think Hertl at the deadline for Brisson + a pick + cap is much more likely. An Eichel deal is just too hard to facilitate and it would probably require Krebs which should be a no go. Hertl has a 3 team yes list. There's the PDB connection. He'll be easy to fit at the deadline with retention and if he works out here we can make cap space for him in the offseason.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville

On the Sabres' end as well. They're just above the cap floor right now with Eichel.

Vegas shouldn't dismantle their roster to get a guy who's timeline could be April or much later, if and when he gets surgery.

ltsthinaz

Dec 20, 2011
Kingman, Arizona
Watching the game tonight I'm not particularly worried about the top six. It's the bottom six that I really see little out of, but, hey, it's preseason and we're missing Roy, Carrier, Tuch.

ltsthinaz

Dec 20, 2011
Kingman, Arizona
I think Hertl at the deadline for Brisson + a pick + cap is much more likely. An Eichel deal is just too hard to facilitate and it would probably require Krebs which should be a no go. Hertl has a 3 team yes list. There's the PDB connection. He'll be easy to fit at the deadline with retention and if he works out here we can make cap space for him in the offseason.
I'd do that in a heartbeat. I want no part of Eichel at this point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad