2021 VGK off season discussion thread

Brazen331

Jul 18, 2018
Hey guys. I saw mcrimmon talk about not looking to add any more to the roster. But I’m curious what you guys think would need to be added in a Ryan strome for Reilly smith proposal?

gallant’s love for him is well documented and the salaries are super close so there may be some mutual interest if you guys are still looking for another top 6 center.

I personally want nothing to do with Strome and I like the thought of icing Smith during a contract year that is coming up. So for me this trade would be a firm no.

And I’m not sure how much regard the current staff has for Gallant’s opinion on players.

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
Hey guys. I saw mcrimmon talk about not looking to add any more to the roster. But I’m curious what you guys think would need to be added in a Ryan strome for Reilly smith proposal?

gallant’s love for him is well documented and the salaries are super close so there may be some mutual interest if you guys are still looking for another top 6 center.
Smith is a far superior player for my money. Strome did what he did because he plays with Panarin, Zibanejad or Kreider.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City

Paywall

Usual suspects in top 2 forward lines. 8 guys vying for bottom lines. Wsiver exempt Krebs could be in Henderson.

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
Imagine letting your top forward prospect develop in the AHL.

I'd hope Krebs can center first line and drop Stephenson to third line. Then you'd really have something. Obviously depends on if Peyton is ready but he doesn't project as bottom 6 type..

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
On one hand, i would like Eichel. On the other hand, i am not so sure i want to give up the assets it would require to get him.

With the Knights luck, Eichel won't 100% recover while the prospects they traded away flourish.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
On one hand, i would like Eichel. On the other hand, i am not so sure i want to give up the assets it would require to get him.

With the Knights luck, Eichel won't 100% recover while the prospects they traded away flourish.

This is like the Lindros, Erik Karlsson & Hodgson dramas all rolled into one. None of those players were ever close to their prime afterwards.

Haguerbomb

JACK EICHEL IS A SC CHAMPION
Oct 5, 2019

Looks like it hinges on Krebs and they're standing firm saying no.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville

I've been saying this all summer. Drafted by Bobby Lowes, and you'd have to think his camp isn't foolish enough to take 8m in NY when they're trying to get Eichel at 10m.

He might take 9m in Vegas though. There are reports he wants over 65m on his next contract.

You'd have to wonder what Drury knows though, when everyone else is incredibly hesitant to make a bid for Eichel with so many question marks surrounding his health.

Smith has been a rumored piece of a(nother) trade with NY. In order to flip Eichel, Vegas might have to obtain & flip some assets to Buffalo first. How many deals with the Rangers are they going to make this summer? :laugh:

Last edited:

Brazen331

Jul 18, 2018
Looks like it hinges on Krebs and they're standing firm saying no.

Of course it hinges on Krebs. It’s not like VGK has a ton of assets compared to other teams. I don’t se e how they make a deal without including Krebs.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Max Jones got 1.295, Comtois got 2.0375, Hart got 4x3. Comtois had a good season last year.

Patrick supposedly looking for 2 may not be quite as far off as we think. And may necessitate another departure, at least before Tuch could return.

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
Rangers signed Shesterkin for 5.66 x 4 years. How they gonna fit Eichel at 10 with Panarin at 11, Zib wanting close to 10 and Fox needing to sign next year? Just a FYI - I think we're looking for trouble paying the farm and more for Eichel who may be a shell of himself due to injuries.

Reactions: NotPetya

NotPetya

May 28, 2021
Rangers signed Shesterkin for 5.66 x 4 years. How they gonna fit Eichel at 10 with Panarin at 11, Zib wanting close to 10 and Fox needing to sign next year? Just a FYI - I think we're looking for trouble paying the farm and more for Eichel who may be a shell of himself due to injuries.

Assessment of needs and wants.

I want a first line center more - and think Karlsson can handle a limited load - than I want to assume the risk involved with taking on Eichel.

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
Assessment of needs and wants.

I want a first line center more - and think Karlsson can handle a limited load - than I want to assume the risk involved with taking on Eichel.

Tampa won the Cup twice by having a great goalie, great defense and depth. They'll be significantly worse this year without Goodrow, Gourde, etc., their depth. I don't want to give up our depth and our future to have a big "star", especially one with the medical issues that may make him a shell of himself. I want no part of Eichel at the offered price. I'm perfectly fine going into the season with what we had last year plus Krebs. Our goalie situation is a crapshoot with Lehner, our defense with Martinez on board will be fine. I expect a Norris caliber season out of Petro with a year under his belt.

As Edmonton how things are going with McDavid and Dreisaitl and no depth.

Reactions: NotPetya

NotPetya

May 28, 2021
Tampa won the Cup twice by having a great goalie, great defense and depth. They'll be significantly worse this year without Goodrow, Gourde, etc., their depth. I don't want to give up our depth and our future to have a big "star", especially one with the medical issues that may make him a shell of himself. I want no part of Eichel at the offered price. I'm perfectly fine going into the season with what we had last year plus Krebs. Our goalie situation is a crapshoot with Lehner, our defense with Martinez on board will be fine. I expect a Norris caliber season out of Petro with a year under his belt.

As Edmonton how things are going with McDavid and Dreisaitl and no depth.

THIS.

I like the idea of Wild Bill on 1C with Krebs, Kolesar and Stephenson on the others.

Good things can happen when an opponent doesn’t have a particular centerman to focus on, and it could be part of what made Karlsson so effective in year 1.

NotPetya

May 28, 2021
Hopefully my post made sense…lol

Healthy forwards - Eichel >>>> Eichel - traded package

Haguerbomb

JACK EICHEL IS A SC CHAMPION
Oct 5, 2019
Yeah I know its Eklund but no post here in a week. :laugh:

HockeyBuzz.com - Eklund - Ads on Jerseys 22-23. Domi Return to Habs? Vegas/Eichel..closer; Tues Buzz

Per one of my sources, the Vegas Golden Knights and Eichel are now separated by only one piece that Vegas is hesitating on. As of a few days ago, there were believed to be two missing pieces, but one of those the Knights are ok with losing now…and this last piece is all that stands in the way.

Most likely Krebs. Still.

HockeyBuzz.com - Eklund - Internal Pressure Mounting on Vegas to Make A Deal

Quick hit for your Saturday.

Vegas owner Bill Foley wants to win and he wants to win yesterday. He was also very close with Marc Andre Fleury, and before approving the trade of Fleury he was promised a "major addition" would be added to their scoring....Evgenii Dadonov was not the promise.

The strong belief was the promise focused around a BIG named center. The main target: Jack Eichel...the fall-back position is rumored to be Mika Zibanejad if the Sabres deal can't be worked out.

I was told to expect "Either Eichel or Z in the next week or so.. Vegas knows they can't wait."

More to come.

:popcorn:

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Did you hear about the Rangers fans that bought a billboard in Buffalo to chide Sabres ownership/FO that Eichel hasn't yet been traded?

:sarcasm:

I think that VGK is not willing to part with Krebs as part of a deal, and Buffalo hasn't reduced their demand to include him in package.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->