2021 VGK off season discussion thread

Haguerbomb

HOCKEY BELONGS IN THE DESERT
Oct 5, 2019
1e58b6d3f6f09bf9d0ae898977353284.png

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
NHL Network had a tweet rolling on the side from someone said they thought 75% Eichel gets traded. Mentioned Vegas and Anaheim as possible landing spots.

Haguerbomb

HOCKEY BELONGS IN THE DESERT
Oct 5, 2019
Reactions: Vegan Knight

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
The Dadonov trade feels like he realized he doesn't have the goods to get Eichel. Very bizarre trade.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
This really feels like they're spending all their time chasing Eichel and replacing a RW.

Maybe the rumored ask from Buffalo was our offer instead and they wanted us to up it? Possibly take out Hague and add Thompson and Tuch/Marchessault/whatever return we might get in a separate Marchessault trade?

If the Ducks are pressing I'm sure they can come with a great offer.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
If he took that from Boston he would have taken 1.5m to stay.

If the Sharks get Eichel for Meier, Eklund and their 1st I'll just lol

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Maybe the rumored ask from Buffalo was our offer instead and they wanted us to up it? Possibly take out Hague and add Thompson and Tuch/Marchessault/whatever return we might get in a separate Marchessault trade?

If the Ducks are pressing I'm sure they can come with a great offer.

That rumor sure sounds like it would be the Vegas offer.

You never know. The Rangers could get him, and have to flip Mika.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Pacioretty-Stephenson-Stone
Marchessault-Karlsson-Smith
Dadonov-Patrick-Tuch
Carrier-Roy-Kolesar
Howden, Reaves, Krebs

Something has to give. They need about 800k to sign Patrick and there's no way if Krebs is still here he isn't playing and at least third line. They didn't trade for Howden not to play him.

They love Kolesar, McCrimmon loves Patrick and trading for Dadonov plus his cap hit means he's in the top nine. The centers are probably safe.

At least one, maybe two of Pacioretty, Marchessault, Smith or Tuch have to be traded.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Dadonov-Patrick-Tuch
Carrier-Roy-Kolesar
Howden, Reaves, Krebs

Something has to give. They need about 800k to sign Patrick and there's no way if Krebs is still here he isn't playing and at least third line. They didn't trade for Howden not to play him.

They love Kolesar, McCrimmon loves Patrick and trading for Dadonov plus his cap hit means he's in the top nine. The centers are probably safe.

At least one, maybe two of Pacioretty, Marchessault, Smith or Tuch have to be traded.

What? They need 800k in space to have a full roster. The only way the bolded is true is if they are bringing in another big money deal.

All they need to do is move one of Carrier or Reaves (ideally both) and the roster will be set.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Dadonov-Patrick-Tuch
Carrier-Roy-Kolesar
Howden, Reaves, Krebs

Are you counting Coghlan?

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
What? They need 800k in space to have a full roster. The only way the bolded is true is if they are bringing in another big money deal.

All they need to do is move one of Carrier or Reaves (ideally both) and the roster will be set.

There's too many in top roles. Krebs isn't playing in the AHL or fourth line. I don't think Patrick is, either.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
There's too many in top roles. Krebs isn't playing in the AHL or fourth line. I don't think Patrick is, either.

They're not going to hand top 6 spots to Krebs or Patrick. That would go against every single thing they've done so far when it comes to handling young players. There's also zero chance they'll go into the season 5 million under the cap.

Krebs is probably going to be in Henderson to start the season.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Are you counting Coghlan?

No, did they qualify him? It would probably add 800k if they did and he was on the roster.

Duck Knight is correct a Reaves and Carrier trade gives enough room for a 22, possibly barely 23 man roster depending on Patrick and Coghlan cap hits.

I just think there's too many top nine players who won't play on the fourth line or AHL. I also don't think they'll trade Carrier, it may be the right move but I don't see them doing it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad