Blue Jays GDT: 2021 v8 | Next: Sun, Aug 8 | vs Bos | 1pm ET/10am PT |Richards vs Ryu]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
Also, Seattle (-56) and Toronto (+107) are both tied, 3.5 back of Oakland. It’s a +163 run differential we have over them. The law of thermodynamics is about to break soon.

Very simular to 2015.

Here is hoping they take off in the last 60 games like they did then.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Need to get out of this scoreless then hope Springer comes through in the bottom.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
If Buck isn't at the Skydome then I really can't blame him for thinking that Semien call was a homerun. I give A LOT of leeway to these guys over the past two seasons given the circumstances. My actual complaint about Buck and Pat are when they do their "old men don't like or understand modern baseball" routine.

The Semien one was funny because the camera guy got fooled too, I might tease there but I "blame" Buck less for that if he's not in the park. I was more put off by the Vladdy HR call where he acted like it just scraped by the foul pole when it was probably closer to CF than the line. And that one Tabler joined in on and he is presumably in the stadium so he should've known better.

It's also kind of just a breaking point with Buck/Pat. When you couple those types of repeated errors with their weird anti-stat stances that usually come off more as being out of willful ignorance instead of any sort of rational thought, it all sort of just piles up until all that's noticeable about the duo is how many mistakes they make every game or how often they don't seem to do their jobs as broadcasters.

TGB

Jun 7, 2021
Okay, now we're pushing into "cursed" territory. It should not be possible for EVERY SINGLE RELIEVER the Jays have to suck like this...except the one they sent down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad