Blue Jays GDT: 2021 v8 | Next: Sun, Aug 8 | vs Bos | 1pm ET/10am PT |Richards vs Ryu]

Status
Not open for further replies.

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
Seems so obvious. I dunno why management is trying to reinvent the wheel here with Hatch, especially since he's coming off injury and a bullpen role is probably the perfect way to ease him back in.

They want him stretched out, which I assume in case a starter goes down but currently, they have 6 guys stretched out.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
They want him stretched out, which I assume in case a starter goes down but currently, they have 6 guys stretched out.
Maybe, but that was before the Berrios trade. They have more than enough arms to start now and Hatch can actually help this team in the bullpen.

Reactions: canucksfan

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
Seems so obvious. I dunno why management is trying to reinvent the wheel here with Hatch, especially since he's coming off injury and a bullpen role is probably the perfect way to ease him back in.
This might seem like a hot take, but that single decision might have cost us the season. That stretch of games where we lost a handful of games in a row because we had nobody to get outs in the 8th inning in late June, early July killed us, meanwhile Hatch was back throwing in AAA when we needed a back end reliever. Mark that down if we end up finishing 2 games out of a playoff spot. With Matz, Stripling and even Francis pitching to a 3.18 era in his starts for the Bisons I’m not sure we need Hatch starting in AAA again with only 2 months left

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
This might seem like a hot take, but that single decision might have cost us the season. That stretch of games where we lost a handful of games in a row because we had nobody to get outs in the 8th inning in late June, early July killed us, meanwhile Hatch was back throwing in AAA when we needed a back end reliever. Mark that down if we end up finishing 2 games out of a playoff spot. With Matz, Stripling and even Francis pitching to a 3.18 era in his starts for the Bisons I’m not sure we need Hatch starting in AAA again with only 2 months left
I think his stuff might play better out of the bullpen anyway, where hitters get limited looks at him.

Reactions: Puckstuff

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam
Shatkins don't know how to build a winning team. Traded away the only lefty power bat and didn't replace him. Major hole in the lineup.. Too many righties with the same approach.

Tellez rocking a 1.038 OPS with his new team.. The Jays could use that right about now.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Shatkins don't know how to build a winning team. Traded away the only lefty power bat and didn't replace him. Major hole in the lineup.. Too many righties with the same approach.

Tellez rocking a 1.038 OPS with his new team.. The Jays could use that right about now.

You might be right. About Tellez, though, he had no position to play here. Charlie likes to rotate the DH around and we kinda have someone already playing 1B.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Hanger by Ryu, bad throw by Semien (twice in two plays) and Reese going for the tag before catching the ball.

Not exactly a great run to give up guys

Michael HOMERUNing

Feb 24, 2019

They could use a quality reliever even more. Which is what they got for Rowdy

Reactions: stickty111
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad