Blue Jays GDT: 2021 v8 | Next: Sun, Aug 8 | vs Bos | 1pm ET/10am PT |Richards vs Ryu]

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Is Buck actually in Toronto? I thought him and Pat are still remote. So that faux-home run call isn’t on Buck.

So many of you are just drooling to complain about something. Frothing really. Just slobber everywhere.

I thought they're in the stadium. Tabler is for sure at least (and he joined in on the Vladdy "keep it fair" call on the HR so where's his excuse?)

Also I'm not sure what the problem is. I don't think that expecting the guys responsible for doing play-by-play of the game to be halfway competent at accurately describing the action that occurs on-field should be that much of an ask. Especially when the screw-ups are not mild ones. Vladdy didn't scrape the foul pole, he was like 50 feet inside it. Semien didn't get it off the wall, it was like 10-15 feet short. And this has been going on for years.

TGB

Jun 7, 2021
Really wish the Jays would “only beat up bad pitching” right about now :(

Obviously it's not bad pitching, is it? And the Indians are one of the teams that have a weird thing for beating Toronto. I said that months ago.

Sorry guys, but all my bases are covered.

Also I'm not sure what the problem is. I don't think that expecting the guys responsible for doing play-by-play of the game to be halfway competent

Practise what you preach, bro. Tell us another McGuire joke.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I was away and missed a few games … when did Romano stop doing the squat pre-pitch?

Like a week or two ago? They talked about it during the KC series. Apparently Romano said he found that the squats were tiring out his legs and putting pressure on (I think) his hips, so he dropped it.

Reactions: MS

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Hasn’t he been a bit shaky since?

that started beforehand. There's been some suggestion he's been hurt a bit by the sticky-stuff crackdown as his spin rate and slider usage have fallen since the league became more vigilant. It also could be a giant coincidence. Who knows.

trellaine201

Feb 10, 2010
Left coast
that started beforehand. There's been some suggestion he's been hurt a bit by the sticky-stuff crackdown as his spin rate and slider usage have fallen since the league became more vigilant. It also could be a giant coincidence. Who knows.

Oh ok . He looks like he doesn’t have the control like he did most of the season.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Obviously it's not bad pitching, is it? And the Indians are one of the teams that have a weird thing for beating Toronto. I said that months ago.

Sorry guys, but all my bases are covered.

Practise what you preach, bro. Tell us another McGuire joke.

Eli Morgan is a good pitcher? News to me man. Both teams are also vastly different from two seasons ago so I'm not sure one can infer the Indians have a weird thing for beating Toronto. The Jays won the previous series against them.

Reactions: canucksfan

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
I thought they're in the stadium. Tabler is for sure at least (and he joined in on the Vladdy "keep it fair" call on the HR so where's his excuse?)

Also I'm not sure what the problem is. I don't think that expecting the guys responsible for doing play-by-play of the game to be halfway competent at accurately describing the action that occurs on-field should be that much of an ask. Especially when the screw-ups are not mild ones. Vladdy didn't scrape the foul pole, he was like 50 feet inside it. Semien didn't get it off the wall, it was like 10-15 feet short. And this has been going on for years.

If Buck isn't at the Skydome then I really can't blame him for thinking that Semien call was a homerun. I give A LOT of leeway to these guys over the past two seasons given the circumstances. My actual complaint about Buck and Pat are when they do their "old men don't like or understand modern baseball" routine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad