Blue Jays GDT: 2021 v8 | Next: Sun, Aug 8 | vs Bos | 1pm ET/10am PT |Richards vs Ryu]

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
f*** you Hand. Montoya continues to be an utter joke and Why did we acquire such a joke of a player in Hand? Pathetic

We have no chance of making playoffs.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
The bullpen management was again questionable. I liked how Charlie used Romano in a non-save situation, as he's their best reliever... but use him against the top of the lineup, not 7-8-9.

At least we got beat by their best player and not by a Hedges bunt.

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
The bullpen management was again questionable. I liked how Charlie used Romano in a non-save situation, as he's their best reliever... but use him against the top of the lineup, not 7-8-9.

I was thinking this too but if Hand screws up we are probably shitting on Montoyo for not using Romano there.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC

Even when Charlie does right, he's wrong.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
In this specific game I have no issues with anything Montoya did.

If management trades for Brad Hand, you’re going to use him in high-leverage situations. Good player hit a HR.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
gotta bounce back with a win tomorrow, need to keep this momentum. Just keep winning series
Honestly, I just think we’re a bit unlucky this year. It’s hard to measure that with any stat or something you can control but there is that element to a certain degree. This team is snake bitten. We are way better then our rec and this constant pattern of blowing teams out of the water then losing game by a run or losing in extras is just way to statistically unlikely to happen next year at the rate it has this year.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
I was thinking this too but if Hand screws up we are probably shitting on Montoyo for not using Romano there.

You're probably right, but it just feels like I would have understood the decision better at least, especially if he justified it after the game with "my plan was to use him to face 1-2-3" and have Hand on a tight leash.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Even when Charlie does right, he's wrong.

I feel like it can be both. I'm glad he moved Romano from the traditional closing role, but using him against 7-8-9 felt like a waste even at the time. He could have thrown Hand out there for those guys and if he struggled bring in Romano to clean up, and maybe have enough left over in case it went to extras.

Not the most egregious error, but that's just how I saw it at least.

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
You're probably right, but it just feels like I would have understood the decision better at least, especially if he justified it after the game with "my plan was to use him to face 1-2-3" and have Hand on a tight leash.

I would have gone Hand in the 9th and Romano in the tenth. However, I can't really fault Montoyo here. Ultimately, the bats were at fault today. Jays were lucky to be tied IMO.

Reactions: Morgs

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I would have him up instead of Dolis.
Seems so obvious. I dunno why management is trying to reinvent the wheel here with Hatch, especially since he's coming off injury and a bullpen role is probably the perfect way to ease him back in.

Reactions: Puckstuff
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad