WC: 2021 USA Roster Talk

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I have become an even bigger fan of Boyle, Blackwell and Garland.. Enjoy watching and listening to all three of them.

Overall this team won 6 games first time in decades I believe. Just win. Don't care how, we have a worker bee team with little offensive skill. Beniers has shown he can handle more ice time and hopefully has helped Labanc get rolling who has been MIA this entire tourney.

Cal should be in net against Slovakia IMO and hopefully we don't shelter even more than last few days. Need to be an aggressor here we have good skaters..put & keep pressure on.

Team already has beat my expectations all gravy from here on out.

Go get am boys!!

Reactions: SanDogBrewin

Elias40

Jan 3, 2020
How is Drury playing so far?
Will he play in Charlotte in the AHL, or is there a possibility that he would continue in Sweden?

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
Really? Did not know that, assumed the name was French.
Yeah the way North American pronounce it makes it sound like it’s French but it’s not. It’s actually La-ban-ts, not La-bank. Even an article here Brali by ste Kevina do slovenskej reprezentácie? about Labanc saying he would represent Slovakia if it was at all possible in the future (which it is now not obviously).

Reactions: Friar85

SK94

Apr 11, 2016
Its amazing how far you have already gone to at these Worlds, with that roster, amazing!.
(thou not to mention Slovakia, i was way off lol, but then again, i think lots were).

Not really. This roster is not that weak. They won those games they were supposed to win. If you look at the roster that brought the previous championship to you guys, everything is possible for this team as well.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
This roster is not that weak.
3 guys (Moore, Robertson and Garland) that outscored the top Czech guy (Kubalik with 6 points)...

I think 'weak' means NHL fans who don't follow international hockey. No Matthews, Hellebyuck or Eichel.

Sure there is no Drai, Ehlers, Pastrnak, Josi or Ovechkin but that doesnt' matter.

The only nations with their full roster is probably Italy, GB and Kazakhistan.

I consider the Czech team strong and we have 6 NHL players (Hronek, Kubalik, Vrana, Chytil, Hajek and Zadina)... most of them wouldn't be good enough to crack this 'weak' team and it feels stacked.lol

FTR.. 3 of the top 7 scorers are from Canada but I keep reading about how 'weak' they are too.lol

IIHF - Statistics 2021 IIHF ICE HOCKEY WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP

Hellraising Senator

Feb 15, 2017
3 guys (Moore, Robertson and Garland) that outscored the top Czech guy (Kubalik with 6 points)...

I think 'weak' means NHL fans who don't follow international hockey. No Matthews, Hellebyuck or Eichel.

Sure there is no Drai, Ehlers, Pastrnak, Josi or Ovechkin but that doesnt' matter.

I consider the Czech team strong and we have 6 NHL players (Hronek, Kubalik, Vrana, Chytil, Hajek and Zadina)... most of them wouldn't be good enough to crack this 'weak' team and it feels stacked.lol

FTR.. 3 of the top 7 scorers are from Canada but I keep reading about how 'weak' they are too.lol

I feel like you have had the best and most overall accurate analysis of this tournament by far over anyone else on this site.

Regarding the USA roster tomorrow, who starts in goal?

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I feel like you have had the best and most overall accurate analysis of this tournament by far over anyone else on this site.

Regarding the USA roster tomorrow, who starts in goal?
You really can't go wrong with either! They've both been outstanding.

Old Man Jags

Mar 25, 2006

Really? Isn't Italy one of the most decimated teams because they had a Coronavirus outbreak in their team just before the tournament, plus a huge stack of injuries? So while they are not missing NHL stars because they don't have any, are they not missing tons of people from their normal roster?

SK94

Apr 11, 2016
Good first period. Much better than the previous games. Hopefully today this continues throughout the game. Beniers injury didn't look good. I feel bad for the kid. Many injuries which is not nice to see. Great to see that leadership group are taking role when it is needed.

SK94

Apr 11, 2016
I don't know why this team can't play full 60 minutes. Second period wasn't a disaster but it was not good either. Unfortunately Petersen let his first softy of the tournament but immediately when guys put their legs going Slovakia struggled and guys scored 4-1. Blackwell's line has stepped up which is really important. Refs are horrible, but I am not going to complain too much because Boyler got away with his spearing.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Really? Isn't Italy one of the most decimated teams because they had a Coronavirus outbreak in their team just before the tournament, plus a huge stack of injuries? So while they are not missing NHL stars because they don't have any, are they not missing tons of people from their normal roster?
You are correct and I am dead wrong about Italy. Totally forgot that. Thank You

SK94

Apr 11, 2016
If not counting the start of the second period, then this performance was pretty good. Maybe this team is more like Finland than the USA at times, but if it gives success then I give credit to Capuano. It felt strange that Boyle came to this team, but I am not going to lie that it doesn't feel great for the guy that he took a big role today. I don't see how he didn't get a assist for a 5-1 goal.

EDIT: I wouldn't think I'd say this, but I'm not too keen to face Germany again.

Last edited:

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Well...the boys showed up and did what they had to do. Pretty dominating win all around.

Injuries are worrisome especially for Roy who is our top damn overall IMO. Need him healthy Saturday. Beniers looked pretty rough doubt he plays but keeping hope alive.

Rather play Germany than Canada since Canada is always that insane fight for us, but either way it will be a hard fought and exciting game to get to the Gold.

Who the hell would have thunk it that this team has a chance to play for Gold??? LOL...not many for sure.

Petersen in net 100%. Don't change a damn thing.

JiggsNY

Sep 14, 2016
New York
Really funny how this year has turned out. If we can finally get the monkey off our back (haven't won gold since the 30s, lol), i'll take it. Who cares if it's a down year would be nice to just finally get a gold.

Honestly i'm most worried about the perpetual thorn in our side at every level, Finland.

Reactions: AmericanDream

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Always tough to beat the same team twice in the same tournament so that was going to be the case either way with Germany or Canada. Canada has momentum and will be a tough out but I think the U.S. is up to the challenge.

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sponsor
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
Aye Captain!

Boyle is disgusting and should be ashamed of himself.

Let's hope the IIHF will retroactively suspend this creep for the rest of this tournament, given that the referees were blind in this game.

(There was also blatant high-sticking just prior to the goal that made it 1-4 for the US, while the game was still within reach for Slovakia.)

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad