WC: 2021 USA Roster Talk

SK94

Apr 11, 2016
Tomorrow feels like a worst case scenario. The guys have played a good tournament and Canada in the other hand not so much and they are lucky that they even got out from the group stage, but when that big game comes...

SK94

Apr 11, 2016

I would have been happy with this tournament but if today comes a loss to Canada after all this, then it will be quite difficult.

Reactions: Faterson

SK94

Apr 11, 2016
Typical USA Hockey. Never capable of beating Canada in a big game except juniors. I knew this was going to happen the moment I realized Canada was up against them in the semi-final.

SK94

Apr 11, 2016
Failure after failure. I don't even know why bother following this tournament or any non junior tournaments. Bronze medal game would be fine with this team but not if they choke against the weak Canada. Typical that they are going for gold despite a horrendous tournament.

Reactions: AmericanDream

Zero Pucks Given

American Hero
Mar 21, 2015
Southern CA
At this point, I've zero clue what it'll take for us to win a semifinal at this tournament.

Even the old "team you least expect to make it actually makes it" schtick doesn't apply, apparently.

garbageteam

Jan 7, 2010
Typical USA Hockey. Never capable of beating Canada in a big game except juniors. I knew this was going to happen the moment I realized Canada was up against them in the semi-final.

not as important but it was just two worlds ago when the US took out Canada 4-1 at the bronze medal game.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I am so sick of the horseshoe up Canada's ass.

Always the luckiest sons of bitches out there. They had no right to even be here. They needed like 9 damn things to go right for them to even make the QF and they ALL happened. Ridiculous.

It isn't they wanted it more..the game was even and US dominated for stretches..Canada always gets the breaks, always gets the bounces and I am just so sick and tired of seeing it happen.

f*** you Canada! You do not deserve to be playing for Gold.

I wanted nothing to do with Canada in this position we should have been playing against Germany 100%.

But the hockey Gods continue to reach around for their golden boys.

Ok rant over time to cut the grass..lol

Still proud of what this US team has accomplished but somehow/someway this myth of Canada at the adult level needs to be shattered permanently by American players.

Reactions: SK94

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018

Always the luckiest sons of bitches out there. They had no right to even be here. They needed like 9 damn things to go right for them to even make the QF and they ALL happened. Ridiculous.

It isn't they wanted it more..the game was even and US dominated for stretches..Canada always gets the breaks, always gets the bounces and I am just so sick and tired of seeing it happen.

I wanted nothing to do with Canada in this position we should have been playing against Germany 100%.

Still proud or what this US team has accomplished but somehow/someway this myth of Canada at the adult level needs to be shattered permanently by American players.
Please don't talk about my country like that.

Get a life. :thumbd:

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018

Still proud of what this US team has accomplished but somehow/someway this myth of Canada at the adult level needs to be shattered permanently by American players.

I don’t know if it’s a “horseshoe up Canada’s ass” as much as it’s just the heart and never give up attitude that comes with having the Maple Leaf on their chest.

The US will break through at the men’s level one of these days.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I don’t know if it’s a “horseshoe up Canada’s ass” as much as it’s just the heart and never give up attitude that comes with having the Maple Leaf on their chest.

The US will break through at the men’s level one of these days.
I doubt it honestly. If the US can't even win with this team against that Team Canada my faith is shot:laugh:

Both teams had pride and always do but one seems to always get the bounces and breaks at the adult level...from seedings on down. Oh well hoping for a worthless bronze yet again.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Go do a good deed and make the world a better place instead of spewing hate - all over a silly hockey game. Shameful.
Why are you in this thread telling others what to say or do? And spreading hate?? :laugh: it is a hockey chat site dipshit...Only person that needs to get a life is you, ya know, the one posting in another countries thread...this must be mouthy foreigner week in here...

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Why are you in this thread telling others what to say or do? And spreading hate?? :laugh: it is a hockey chat site dipshit...Only person that needs to get a life is you, ya know, the one posting in another countries thread...this must be mouthy foreigner week in here...
Whatever.

Have a nice day.

SK94

Apr 11, 2016

Absolutely. Let them go with their ''high morals'' to another thread.

Reactions: AmericanDream

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Disappointing to say the least. USAH always finds a way to lose in the semifinal: sometimes we don't show up, sometimes we blow a lead, sometimes we play well and just don't get the breaks, but no matter what, we can't close.

As for today's game itself, that was about as even as it gets. Either team would have felt like they didn't get the breaks if they were down, and today just happened to be the day we lost out on the breaks. If that game was replayed 10 times, they'd probably each win 5 times. This is not all that surprising as the teams were built very similarly: strong goaltending, top-line heavy, and unheralded/young defensive groups. The two biggest difference makers today were that Canada's top line buried a couple and the USA's did not, and USA couldn't win a damn face-off.

Jones and Wolanin were the horses once again, as was Garland. Blackwell, Labanc, and Chemelvski were also creating out there but didn't get nearly enough ice time. Petersen was good but not great, but he matched Kuemper's play, so he's not to blame here.

On the downside:
  • Robertson was invisible again today. We didn't have the scoring depth to continually overcome one of our top 2 forwards no showing, especially since Donato, Thompson, etc. have provided no offense.
  • Tennyson broke a cardinal rule in hockey twice in the early 3rd, and it cost the team dearly. He was the last d-man on both breakaways and misplayed them both. You always fall back when the other defenseman has jumped in and puck possession changes teams, but he didn't on either, and let Canadian forwards get behind him for easy breakaways. Yes, he's a journeyman but he knows better than that.
  • I wasn't thrilled with the coaching urgency/decisions today.
    • Moore and Blackwell couldn't win a face-off, and while we have the top face-off man in the tournament (Rooney), we only have him take 1 draw. Mind boggling. We had to chase possession too much post-face-off, which especially hindered the 1st line from being able to generate sustained pressure.
    • Coaches didn't change things up enough to ride the hot hands today. For example, Garland was bringing it again, but Moore and Robertson were dead weight. Garland should have been double shifting with other players who were also bringing it like Labanc, but we went with the status quo and it didn't work.
  • I've been closely following USAH since the mid-90s and I don't think I've ever seen a player on our teams with worse hockey IQ than Thompson. He always makes the wrong play. Passes when the pass isn't there, endlessly shoots and either endlessly misses the net or shoots it right into the opposition, etc. But the coaches were obsessed with him for some reason, and he was 2nd in forward TOI in the 3rd today. More than Garland, Moore, Labanc, Blackwell, etc. who are all better than him and all have easily outplayed him in the tournament. I don't get the obsession with him by the staff and what he did to earn such prime playing time over better and more effective players.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Absolutely. Let them go with their ''high morals'' to another thread.
Man...can only imagine the German fans ignorantly coming in here tomorrow if they lose today ....:laugh:

The entire point is to bitch piss and moan in your OWN team/countries thread. These world police posters are turning into the Gestapo and demanding we call out our players minor penalties as disgusting and to only say fuzzy bunny niceties towards the land of Molson Ice and Maple Syrup...good grief.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad