HF Habs: 2021 U-18 Tournament (4-26 to 5/6): Thurs. May 6 | Canada wins Gold! Defeat Russia 5-3

robert ethan

Feb 5, 2021
Where do you think Montreal is going to pick? Don't think Svechkov goes top 20
He's so smart out there, even though he doesn't play with dynamic, showy style, he is very effective and productive. Led the Russians in scoring at the U17 last year. Right behind Chaz Lucius for the tournament lead. Better all round centre than Lucius.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
One of them was a bogus call. He made a good play to get a turnover and would have been in all alone. Instead he gets 2 min.

It looked like a trip. Got his stick in there. They called it because he was about to get a breakaway.

Are they playing without goalies? ;)

Goalies weren't great. Russian one was pulled after 4 goals. American one wasn't terrible. Russia has a big team. USA D is small, so the forwards got a lot of room in front of the net.

USA team doesn't look all that skilled.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
He's so smart out there, even though he doesn't play with dynamic, showy style, he is very effective and productive. Led the Russians in scoring at the U17 last year. Right behind Chaz Lucius for the tournament lead. Better all round centre than Lucius.

Only watched OT of today's game because of work. First impressions are he's big and, yes, plays a strong defensive game. Didn't do much vs Americans, but had 2 goals today.

I'll need more viewings.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Did anyone else see that bank pass by Bedard?

At first I said that's a junior play just blindly whipping it cross ice. Then it bounces perfectly onto the stick of the activated defenseman

Thats hockey savant shit

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
For the Swedes, Lysell has looked pretty solid, created a couple of chances. Edvinsson is solid with incredible size and skating, has made good decisions with the puck.

I've noticed Stillman a couple of times, seems like a versatile player.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad