HF Habs: 2021 U-18 Tournament (4-26 to 5/6): Thurs. May 6 | Canada wins Gold! Defeat Russia 5-3

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Chibrikov, Poltapov & Svechkov are legit.

Of the 2022s, I liked both Miroshnichenko & Yurov, although Michkov is incredibly skilled. Miro & Yurov were very involved in puck battles, big & physical. Both can skate. They were just more involved overall. Michkov was opportunistic & is dangerous with the puck on his stick.

Team USA, meh. Only player I really liked was Duke. Feisty, competitive, Gallagher type except as a center.

Behrens was their best D and he's small, but he handled the big Russians fine.

Svechkov I wouldn't take in 1st. 2nd for sure. He's a Danault/ROR type.

Reactions: Holystik

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

Of the 2022s, I liked both Miroshnichenko & Yurov, although Michkov is incredibly skilled. Miro & Yurov were very involved in puck battles, big & physical. Both can skate. They were just more involved overall. Michkov was opportunistic & is dangerous with the puck on his stick.

Team USA, meh. Only player I really liked was Duke. Feisty, competitive, Gallagher type except as a center.

I really want us to swing on Chibrikov. He's got high end upside in a draft that doesn't feature many of these and if we can get him to Bouchard vs. a Lefebvre?

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
I really want us to swing on Chibrikov. He's got high end upside in a draft that doesn't feature many of these and if we can get him to Bouchard vs. a Lefebvre?

He missed 12 minutes of the game off a dumb elbowing penalty which could have been called for a headshot. Got 2 & 10, but definitely has the speed, 2-way play and loves to shoot. Didn't see any noticeable playmaking, but it's one game.

Canada - Sweden tonight is on TSN.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
Armchair scouts' dreams come true tonight. Almost too many notables to actively track, this might prove a rewatch candidate.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
One of the Swedes I'm interested in is Victor Stjernborg (C). Thought we could grab him with Chicago's 3rd round pick, but he's moved up to early to mid second on majority of lists.

Obviously tons of other players too.

robert ethan

Feb 5, 2021

Svechkov may not be on the board when their first pick comes up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad