Pre-Game Talk: 2021 Training Camp

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC

Jake Bean is going to be an NHL player, I'm now sure of it. No whining or complaining about not being a full-time NHLer yet (cough Saarela cough), just working on his game like a true pro. This type of patient outlook paid off for Haydn Fleury, so I think that it'll also pay off for Bean sooner or later.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Jun 30, 2011
*bad shivers*
Don't remind about the before times

The list of blue line legends from our dark period is truly a sight to behold. Twilight Aaron Ward, Twilight Tim Gleason, Twilight Joe Corvo, Twilight Mike Komisarek, Jamie McBain, Ryan Murphy, Andrew Alberts, Derek Joslin, Tim Conboy, Brett Carson, Bryan Rodney, Jay Harrison, Ian White...True greatness cannot be truly appreciated until you've witnessed it.

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
Barring an injury, I don't see anyway Bean starts in the top 6. However, I could easily see him and Gardiner rotating in and out, based on RBA's patience with Gardiner. I imagine Bean will be on the Taxi Squad with Ryan as the 7/8 D, and they'll keep just the 6 NHL D on the active roster.

Question, should we potentially know the makeup of the final roster today, or by 5pm tomorrow after potentially some more waiver activity? I want to say it will be tomorrow...

TheReelChuckFletcher

Jun 30, 2011
Barring an injury, I don't see anyway Bean starts in the top 6. However, I could easily see him and Gardiner rotating in and out, based on RBA's patience with Gardiner. I imagine Bean will be on the Taxi Squad with Ryan as the 7/8 D, and they'll keep just the 6 NHL D on the active roster.

Question, should we potentially know the makeup of the final roster today, or by 5pm tomorrow after potentially some more waiver activity? I want to say it will be tomorrow...

Ryan was waived today, so I think that both Bean and Ryan will be on Da Squad to start the year.

Buenos Necas

lets go canes
Jul 18, 2009
Raleigh, NC
So 13F and Ned on the 23, I think that about maxes out our cap space anyway. No real choice but to waive Ryan, would hate to lose more D depth but with the Panthers claiming Juulsen we might have the chance to get Forsling back pretty soon anyway.

Agreed on Bean starting on the taxi squad. I imagine Rod will look to rotate Bean and the 13F through the first handful of games, at least with the Nashville back-to-back, then reevaluate the best spot for Bean once Chicago starts playing.

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
It’s probably just me and my delay into paying deeper attention this season but it feels like there’s exceedingly little info out there for this camp. I’ve basically read the one article from Sara and not really anything else.

The Rod quote on Bean is fascinating and at the same time completely unsurprising. Doesn’t want to see him in the lineup this season because that means something has gone wrong. In the same article where she says Bean is basically killing it. We know he’s down in the lineup but you could at least say you enjoy watching him play well? Just part of not having that much info, probably just one quote that doesn’t see a bigger picture but still...

He does say he’ll play this season but because Rod expects we’ll have enough injuries to force it.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
The list of blue line legends from our dark period is truly a sight to behold. Twilight Aaron Ward, Twilight Tim Gleason, Twilight Joe Corvo, Twilight Mike Komisarek, Jamie McBain, Ryan Murphy, Andrew Alberts, Derek Joslin, Tim Conboy, Brett Carson, Bryan Rodney, Jay Harrison, Ian White...True greatness cannot be truly appreciated until you've witnessed it.

I still miss Anton Babchuk.

Fun fact: The Anton Babchuk trade is connected to James Reimer. We traded a 4th to Chicago for Babchuk, Chicago traded that 4th to the Leafs when the Leafs wanted to move up to the 3rd round in 2006, and them the Leafs took Reimer with that pick.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
It’s probably just me and my delay into paying deeper attention this season but it feels like there’s exceedingly little info out there for this camp. I’ve basically read the one article from Sara and not really anything else.

The Rod quote on Bean is fascinating and at the same time completely unsurprising. Doesn’t want to see him in the lineup this season because that means something has gone wrong. In the same article where she says Bean is basically killing it. We know he’s down in the lineup but you could at least say you enjoy watching him play well? Just part of not having that much info, probably just one quote that doesn’t see a bigger picture but still...

He does say he’ll play this season but because Rod expects we’ll have enough injuries to force it.
there isnt a lot to go off of with limited access, limited players attending, and limited time to draw conclusions.

Most of the media has to utilize player and coach interviews to get information.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad