WJC: 2021 Team USA Roster Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
What could the roster look like if there is no NHL? Some mix of this group of players?

BoldyHughesCaufield
RobertsonZegrasKaliyev
BrissonTurcotteColangelo
BeecherBordeleauBrink
BeniersLindmarkCaufield
PetersonTuch
YorkThrun
SandersonHelleson
JohnsonSkinner
KlevenFensore
Knight
Wolf
Commesso
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Man is that a strong looking team.

Reactions: 16thOverallSaveUs

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Man is that a strong looking team.
I agree, I prefer Canada though, however its incredibly close. They will be by far the two best teams. The 2020 draft loaded with Canucks and the 2019 draft loaded with Americans. Would love to see a best of 7 series.

LafreniereDachCozens
PerfettiByfieldTomasino
NewhookMcmichaelQuinn
ReesKrebsMercer
PoulinHollowayJarvis
WrightLapierreGreig
ByramDrysdale
HarleySchneider
GuhleClarke
PowerBarron
Garand
Levi
Gauthier
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Last edited:

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
I agree, I prefer Canada though, however its incredibly close. They will be by far the two best teams. The 2020 draft loaded with Canucks and the 2019 draft loaded with Americans. Would love to see a best of 7 series.

LafreniereDachCozens
PerfettiByfieldTomasino
NewhookMcmichaelQuinn
ReesKrebsMercer
PoulinHollowayJarvis
WrightLapierreGreig
ByramDrysdale
HarleySchneider
GuhleClarke
PowerBarron
Garand
Levi
Gauthier
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
I think that first line for Canada pushes it over the top. That is a straight up unfair line in every way at a junior tournament lol. States biggest edge is probably Knight in goal.

Gopher13

Apr 28, 2020
I think that first line for Canada pushes it over the top. That is a straight up unfair line in every way at a junior tournament lol. States biggest edge is probably Knight in goal.

USA has 3 goalies that would start for Canada - that gives them the clear edge IMO. Goaltending matters and Knight is years ahead of anyone that Canada could trot out there.

Reactions: hockeyanalyst99

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
USA has 3 goalies that would start for Canada - that gives them the clear edge IMO. Goaltending matters and Knight is years ahead of anyone that Canada could trot out there.
Having 3 goalies who could start means absolutely nothing. You need to find one good starter. I obviously said the States have an edge in goaltending in my post though. Goaltending is not the only thing that matters though thankfully!

Reactions: WaW

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
With Hughes

Zegras-Hughes-Caufield
Robertson-Turcotte-Kaliyev
Boldy-Bordeleau-Brink
Beniers-Beecher-Caulfield
Brisson

No Hughes

Robertson-Turcotte-Boldy
Kaliyev-Zegras-Caufield
Beniers-Bordeleau-Brink
Beecher-Lindmark-Caufield
Brisson

York-Thrun
Johnson-Helleson
Sanderson-Skinner
Fensore

Knight
Wolf
Commesso

I only see a few open spots in the forward group. I think Caulfield should make it as the 4RW, but I know he’s on the bubble. I’d pick Brisson over someone like Farinacci or Mastrosimone, but I could see Farinacci or Mastrosimone making it. If no Hughes, bump everyone up a spot, and I might want to add a spot for a FO/PK guy like Lindmark.

Don’t love the right side of our defense, so we should probably put Thrun there. He paired well with York years back. I think Skinner and Helleson are probably the two best RHD options, but neither are great. I don’t want to take less than two RHD’s though. I think it hurt us last year only having one. Fensore over guys like Struble or Lacombe because if I can play 7D I want another PP guy. York will be good on the first unit, but I don’t see a great second unit defenseman in that top six. Goalies don’t need much explanation.

Reactions: KaseMeOutside

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
They definitely have better goaltending but canada is a bigger, more physical, stronger team. Their D core is superior as well. Would be a great matchup one game wouldnt do it justice.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
As a PIT fan- With camp wrapped up.. does Caulfield look like a selection?

Figuring Svejkovsky has no chance, even as a older guy.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
With Hughes

Zegras-Hughes-Caufield
Robertson-Turcotte-Kaliyev
Boldy-Bordeleau-Brink
Beniers-Beecher-Caulfield
Brisson

No Hughes

Robertson-Turcotte-Boldy
Kaliyev-Zegras-Caufield
Beniers-Bordeleau-Brink
Beecher-Lindmark-Caufield
Brisson

York-Thrun
Johnson-Helleson
Sanderson-Skinner
Fensore

Knight
Wolf
Commesso

I only see a few open spots in the forward group. I think Caulfield should make it as the 4RW, but I know he’s on the bubble. I’d pick Brisson over someone like Farinacci or Mastrosimone, but I could see Farinacci or Mastrosimone making it. If no Hughes, bump everyone up a spot, and I might want to add a spot for a FO/PK guy like Lindmark.

Don’t love the right side of our defense, so we should probably put Thrun there. He paired well with York years back. I think Skinner and Helleson are probably the two best RHD options, but neither are great. I don’t want to take less than two RHD’s though. I think it hurt us last year only having one. Fensore over guys like Struble or Lacombe because if I can play 7D I want another PP guy. York will be good on the first unit, but I don’t see a great second unit defenseman in that top six. Goalies don’t need much explanation.
You have Caufield twice

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Judd Caulfield is a good fourth liner. Big winger who skates well, is powerful, provides a physical presence, can PK, and also has enough skill. Exactly the type of fourth liner that will work well for a team like this.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
What could the roster look like if there is no NHL? Some mix of this group of players?

BoldyHughesCaufield
RobertsonZegrasKaliyev
BrissonTurcotteColangelo
BeecherBordeleauBrink
BeniersLindmarkCaufield
PetersonTuch
YorkThrun
SandersonHelleson
JohnsonSkinner
KlevenFensore
Knight
Wolf
Commesso
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
That is a deep deep roster

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Brink and Sanderson are in a pickle

The NCHC is running a pod format in december from december 2nd for the first 3 weeks of december.
Dreger says teams for the world juniors would want them in their bubble by december 10th.

Gopher13

Apr 28, 2020
Brink and Sanderson are in a pickle

The NCHC is running a pod format in december from december 2nd for the first 3 weeks of december.
Dreger says teams for the world juniors would want them in their bubble by december 10th.

WJC supercedes NCAA and its not close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad