GDT: 2021 TDL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
Not me. Other years during my fandom when we should've been in the situation, we either had Slats or Espo in charge, so I was expecting movement, regardless.

Yeah, seems like new territory for us, plus if the last time we were this quiet on TD day was 2010 like Edge said, that still seems like a hundred years ago in Rangerland.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Our stance during this trade deadline which is basically doing nothing. indicates to me JD/Gorton and rest of Ranger brain trust feel the rebuild is over and that next year is when our "reign of terror" till the end of the decade begins.

Adds up to me considering last year's strong finish was a bit of a mirage as it seemingly accelerated the rebuild. But if we went back 2 years ago, most in here knew that 2022 was going to be the year we started to make consistent playoff runs and make noise once we got there.

I'm more than fine doing squat. Keep giving the kids as much ice time as they can handle and play in some important playoff atmosphere type games to keep giving the kids the experience they need as it's going to become a way of life for the next 10 years.!

Reactions: Rangers in 7

H00fHearted

Jun 20, 2018
So if TDA is not going anywhere, does this put Bitetto on the trade map? The Rangers will have TDA to fill the expansion requirement and Bitetto is experienced defensive depth with grit and a bit of playoff experience which seems to be what teams are looking for this deadline. He'd only return a low pick, but I could see that happening.

Dang, this is a boring deadline. *sigh*

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Frankly with some of these names traded, I see no reason why Brendan Smith can’t bring back a 4/5th round pick today

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Does Sam Bennett get traded and where. seems like a need, more battle skilled grit. we need more physicality whenever they make the playoffs. why not trade for it now instead of the deadline like Ryan Clowe times

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad