GDT: 2021 TDL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Does anyone else feel like we are the one at the school dance that doesn’t get asked to dance?
I would guess we field calls on several players. Guys like Blackwell and Rooney will generate interest, and PDG might as well. I'm sure people will call about Buchnevich and probably some other guys that we wouldn't really be interested in moving (like I could see a team being really interested in Lindgren--good, young, cheap, the type of guy who should do well in the playoffs, etc.). I think we generate plenty of interest but outside of a Blackwell, Rooney, or maybe Smith with cash retained, I don't think we bite on anything.

So we're the hot chick that has dudes asking her to dance over and over but she's saving herself for marriage. :laugh:

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I would guess we field calls on several players. Guys like Blackwell and Rooney will generate interest, and PDG might as well. I'm sure people will call about Buchnevich and probably some other guys that we wouldn't really be interested in moving (like I could see a team being really interested in Lindgren--good, young, cheap, the type of guy who should do well in the playoffs, etc.). I think we generate plenty of interest but outside of a Blackwell, Rooney, or maybe Smith with cash retained, I don't think we bite on anything.

So we're the hot chick that has dudes asking her to dance over and over but she's saving herself for marriage. :laugh:

Well this is after we basically went around town and blew the entire neighborhood the last few years (not that theres anything wrong with this.)

So the Rangers are really born again virgins.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Honestly, it feels good to know we are done selling bigger assets for futures, looks like we got out at just the right time.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Trade Center might be the most inaccessible live stream of all time. I could find a live feed of grass growing in 3rd world country with no power more easily.

ESPN+ is 5 bucks a month. Sign up for a month, watch the coverage, cancel the subscription.

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
We're in a weird spot. The market for the assets we'd consider moving is likely to be stronger in the summer. And the guys we're interested in moving aren't going to fetch big returns.

We're in that weird transition phase where we're not really sellers anymore, but we're also not prominent buyers.
All in for waiting to move players whose rights and contracts aren’t expiring at seasons end.
Would love the organization to trade from a point of strength than weakness.

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
Gotta think ADA is reliving and regretting that Georgiev moment over and over again. Man, what a hit to the wallet and career.

Hopefully, he's reliving and regretting more than just this moment and gets his shit together to earn one last shot somewhere else. He's a really good player and I hope he matures and finds success, but I fear he will end up being one of those people who lives to be antagonistic and thrives on confrontation.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
You'd think that.

And then you hear some of the feedback, and compare it to responses to past transgressions, and you find people aren't so sure he "gets it" even now.

he had too many chances. fighting eith teammates happen in practice. how many times have you seen teammates physically fight after a game

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
Hopefully, he's reliving and regretting more than just this moment and gets his shit together to earn one last shot somewhere else. He's a really good player and I hope he matures and finds success, but I fear he will end up being one of those people who lives to be antagonistic and thrives on confrontation.

Wherever he ends up his first goal will be against the Rangers.

Reactions: Maximus

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
You'd think that.

And then you hear some of the feedback, and compare it to responses to past transgressions, and you find people aren't so sure he "gets it" even now.

People like that aren't really capable of self reflection.

Reactions: Bluenote13
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad