GDT: 2021 TDL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
Not sure this is even necessary (as "most shots have already been fired" yesterday), but the other Roster Building thread was over 1.000 posts anyways. Go at it.

BTW - I think we are involved in 2 deals today. Nothing major. If a good hockey trade comes along - they might also pull the trigger. Only 6 hours to go - until we know...

Link to TSN Trade center TDL live feed

E-Train

Feb 27, 2002
New Jersey
More mid to late round pics equals more at bats for a home grown 4th liner or a 5’3 kid from Long Island with “sick dangles”.

DudMan28

Jan 30, 2013
Felt like a lot of the big action happened last night. Might see something come out of left field (Getzlaf?), but probably just some depth moves.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Does anyone else feel like we are the one at the school dance that doesn’t get asked to dance?

We're in a weird spot. The market for the assets we'd consider moving is likely to be stronger in the summer. And the guys we're interested in moving aren't going to fetch big returns.

We're in that weird transition phase where we're not really sellers anymore, but we're also not prominent buyers.

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
We're in a weird spot. The market for the assets we'd consider moving is likely to be stronger in the summer. And the guys we're interested in moving aren't going to fetch big returns.

We're in that weird transition phase where we're not really sellers anymore, but we're also not prominent buyers.

Can you recall the last deadline we were in this position?

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
For the record, I did too. Just stood out in my mind as a classic Sather deadline...bring in two guys when the bottom line is they weren’t a contender. Though that Rangers-Caps series was probably a good lesson.
Yeah, for sure.

My favorite Sather deadline guy was Anders Eriksson. He didn't really improve the team but he had won the Cup before. Cup experience is key when you're not even making the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad