Pre-Game Talk: 2021 Tampa Bay Lightning Training Camp

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011

Peacefool

Nov 15, 2019

Glad for Borgman and Thomas they saw yesterday much much better than Foote. I was really dissapointed in FOote yesterday his skating isnt good,he dont use his body at all,maybe he can be good NHLer right now,but he must be droped in NHL like in pool and either he survives or drawns. Also liked Volkov,u can tell he practices a lot with Kuch,people can see it in his skating style,puck handling,trying to find open ice,the problem is that Kuch is more talented,but i think Volkov can be solid top 9 player in a few years. Joseph flew around played well, Killorn was like somebody said All Star calibre player,I was waiting lil bit more from ABB,Colton looked solid.

Reactions: DaBolts

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
So it looks like Foote made the team then.

It would be wild if someone grabbed Johnson now. It would actually screw us over quite a bit with Kucherov on LTIR.

Still - curious that he didn't make the opening night roster.
TJ? He got waived seemingly for cap reasons.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
So it looks like Foote made the team then.

It would be wild if someone grabbed Johnson now. It would actually screw us over quite a bit with Kucherov on LTIR.

Still - curious that he didn't make the opening night roster.
Might be something to do with accruing maximum LTIR relief? Or that JBB might be hoping someone falls to us on the waiver list and wants to have the flexibility to claim them? So far I've seen some interesting names. Maybe he's crossing fingers on Kylington?

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
TJ? He got waived seemingly for cap reasons.
See that doesn't make a ton of sense paired with Schenn getting waived. Schenn only makes what - 700k? So you're leaving about 375k on the table by waiving him and not someone else (such as simply re-assigning Foote).

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
See that doesn't make a ton of sense paired with Schenn getting waived. Schenn only makes what - 700k? So you're leaving about 375k on the table by waiving him and not someone else (such as simply re-assigning Foote).
That 375k is basically what we need to maximize the LTIR benefit. By my quick terrible math in my head.

aessi

Jan 1, 2015
Surprising, but I think we'll see him.

If injuries happen, otherwise pretty hard to see him crack top-9 this year and even then i think it's more likely Volkov gets shot at that role and Gemel Smith or some1 gets called up for 4th line role.

sabresEH

May 17, 2009
Kelowna, BC
Glad for Borgman and Thomas they saw yesterday much much better than Foote. I was really dissapointed in FOote yesterday his skating isnt good,he dont use his body at all,maybe he can be good NHLer right now,but he must be droped in NHL like in pool and either he survives or drawns. Also liked Volkov,u can tell he practices a lot with Kuch,people can see it in his skating style,puck handling,trying to find open ice,the problem is that Kuch is more talented,but i think Volkov can be solid top 9 player in a few years. Joseph flew around played well, Killorn was like somebody said All Star calibre player,I was waiting lil bit more from ABB,Colton looked solid.
I didn't watch the entire scrimmage but did watch most of it. He and Sergachev looked good as a pairing imo. Once they switched and went Foote with Semychin or whatever he definitely struggled.

Reactions: Peacefool

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3