• 78 DMITRY SEMYKIN
  • 81 ERIK CERNAK
  • 98 MIKHAIL SERGACHEV
Goaltenders (4)
  • 30 SPENCER MARTIN
  • 33 CHRISTOPHER GIBSON
  • 35 CURTIS MCELHINNEY
  • 88 ANDREI VASILEVSKIY

Camp starts Sunday, January 3rd at Amalie Arena with medical and physical testing.

Last edited:

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Boo Nieves is a former 2012 NYR 2nd rounder

He’s a 6’3” 214 center

He has 14 points in 76 NHL games over the course of 4 different seasons

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Devante Stephens is technically an invite as well, since he's under contract with the Crunch.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Boo Nieves is a former 2012 NYR 2nd rounder

He’s a 6’3” 214 center

He has 14 points in 76 NHL games over the course of 4 different seasons

Nieves is trash. he is just there. doesn't do much at all. as a Rangers fan dont expect much. if he gets hurt its just another normal year. he also isn't that good. has speed and doesn't know what to do with it.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Need some new blood on this opening day roster.

Agreed. The taxi squad needs to have Katchouk, Foote, Raddysh and ABB on it. It's now or never for a lot of those guys. I'm not expecting either Johnson (Seattle) or Killorn (regular trade) to be here next year and we need to find replacements in the pipeline.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Agreed. The taxi squad needs to have Katchouk, Foote, Raddysh and ABB on it. It's now or never for a lot of those guys. I'm not expecting either Johnson (Seattle) or Killorn (regular trade) to be here next year and we need to find replacements in the pipeline.

What's the point of having those kids on the taxi squad if they aren't going to play? Even if the AHL is just 20 games thats 20 more than they'll get with the taxi squad. Unless we have injuries or a Covid outbreak those kids won't be playing much which they need to since it's been almost a year since their last game. The taxi squad should be guys who are done developing and wouldn't be hurt by playing just a couple of games this season.

Reactions: OdinsFury

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
What's the point of having those kids on the taxi squad if they aren't going to play? Even if the AHL is just 20 games thats 20 more than they'll get with the taxi squad. Unless we have injuries or a Covid outbreak those kids won't be playing much which they need to since it's been almost a year since their last game. The taxi squad should be guys who are done developing and wouldn't be hurt by playing just a couple of games this season.

The point of the Taxi Squad is to have ready "spares" on hand without having to worry about who will have to go through what restrictions to join the team. Here in NY, unless you are in a border state, you need to "isolate" for 14 days once you arrive in the state or face the wrath of our wonderful state leader. Given the "anger" he is getting from across the state for allowing the Bills to have 6700 folks in the stadium for a playoff game coming up, there is no way he supports a sport like hockey that he has to look up the definition of to figure out what it is.

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
Who is next in line on the left side of the blue line? Obviously the Lightning have the best left side defenseman in the league and it’s not really close with Heddy, McDonagh and Serge. But who’s #4 after the Coburn trade? Could really use some depth there.

Also, if the Lightning want Serge to play with Heddy in the top 4 occasionally, need a bottom pair replacement level vet to play with Rutta potentially.

Reactions: Felonious Python

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
What's the long term projection for Dmitry Semykin? Anyone seen him play?
I have.

He's trying to establish his role in NA, so Orlando was appropriate as an assignment. I'm not sure how much of his inconsistency is due to Orlando's ice quality, but he can stickhandle, and likes to make the big hit.

Boo Nieves is like a 2nd line AHL center. He had 5g, 22a in 43 games last year with Hartford, so he doesn't like to shoot much either.

This man is getting an 8-year deal.

Last edited:

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Who is next in line on the left side of the blue line? Obviously the Lightning have the best left side defenseman in the league and it’s not really close with Heddy, McDonagh and Serge. But who’s #4 after the Coburn trade? Could really use some depth there.

Also, if the Lightning want Serge to play with Heddy in the top 4 occasionally, need a bottom pair replacement level vet to play with Rutta potentially.
Something that I had been concerned about was that since there's been such a long pause for so many players, and teams need to carry a taxi squad, they'd have a bunch of invitees. Seems that's not the case, and those free agents are still out there.

Browse - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
I would have like to seen us take a flyer on Madison Bowey or Mirco Mueller as a depth dman for the taxi squad that can flip flop with Foote and Rutta. I think signing either of them as a Depth could help: Hedman-Foote, McD-Cernak, Sergy-Rutta. Or Hedman-Rutta, McD-UFA/Cernak, Sergy-Cernak/UFA. Or Hedman-Sergy, McD-Foote, UFA-Cernak. The forward lines should be interesting. i dont think we see Stamkos on the 1st line and we see him with Cirelli and Johnson so Killorn can be the shooter on the 1st line in Kuch's spot. Would like to see Raddysh or Katchouk compete with Joseph for that final spot with Volkov mixing in. Stephens should have that 4C spot locked in unless ABB gives him a run for his money.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ

"I'm feeling much better than the last time I was on the ice, that's for sure," he said, smiling.
"I'll be ready for camp," he said. "Expectation is to have a full camp and be ready for the start of the season. I'm excited about that. It's obviously been a very unusual offseason and got to celebrate there and then went straight to surgery. I've been doing a lot of rehab. I've been at a place now where I'm definitely comfortable on the ice. Looking forward to starting camp and getting on the ice tomorrow."
"I think each and every one in our room is just so proud of how hard he works all the time, how hard he prepares himself to get back into shape, get back into play action," Hedman said. "He looks unbelievable on the ice. I can tell he's ready to go and is excited about it, and so are we as his teammates."

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
I'll fix it for you.

McDonagh to Seattle

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014

They don't. They want Sergachev on the left side for when McD leaves

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Why would we want ABB and Foote in the Taxi? In my eye it seems they are on the roster or in the AHL when it starts you CAN NOT allow your top prospects to be in a non playing status. They play here or in Syracuse not following the big team around on practice ice getting just a few games the entire season. It is short sighted for development they are ready or they aren't. If Foote is really ready you play him and put Schenn on the Taxi ABB is a different story if he is ready for top 9 minutes you make a choice who your going to put in the Taxi and there is no sense in carrying ABB for 4th line minutes.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Why would we want ABB and Foote in the Taxi? In my eye it seems they are on the roster or in the AHL when it starts you CAN NOT allow your top prospects to be in a non playing status. They play here or in Syracuse not following the big team around on practice ice getting just a few games the entire season. It is short sighted for development they are ready or they aren't. If Foote is really ready you play him and put Schenn on the Taxi ABB is a different story if he is ready for top 9 minutes you make a choice who your going to put in the Taxi and there is no sense in carrying ABB for 4th line minutes.

It's on Cooper to get those young guys involved. You don't NEED Luke Schenn, Pat Maroon and Jan Rutta playing every night and with Kucherov shelved you basically have a spot open that can be rotated out. The only thing holding these guys back is organizational willingness. Palat, Johnson, Brown, Killorn, Gudas etc all broke in together. Then did Cirelli, Point, Gourde and Sergachev. These AHL guys have been waiting 3 and 4 years for their coffee. It's time. The only thing the likes of ABB is gonna miss out on is game 150 in a league he is clearly outgrowing. He can start in the place of Mitchell Stephens one night and get a bone on the PP -where he is best at. Same with the likes of and Raddysh, Katchouk on the PK.

I want my best young talent on standby stepping in every night learning the facets of the NHL versus some 27 year old career minor leaguer with "character"

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
It's on Cooper to get those young guys involved. You don't NEED Luke Schenn, Pat Maroon and Jan Rutta playing every night and with Kucherov shelved you basically have a spot open that can be rotated out. The only thing holding these guys back is organizational willingness. Palat, Johnson, Brown, Killorn, Gudas etc all broke in together. Then did Cirelli, Point, Gourde and Sergachev. These AHL guys have been waiting 3 and 4 years for their coffee. It's time. The only thing the likes of ABB is gonna miss out on is game 150 in a league he is clearly outgrowing. He can start in the place of Mitchell Stephens one night and get a bone on the PP -where he is best at. Same with the likes of and Raddysh, Katchouk on the PK.

I want my best young talent on standby stepping in every night learning the facets of the NHL versus some 27 year old career minor leaguer with "character"
I don’t disagree at all. But I’m not sure how we will manage the cap. No room to carry 22 and no one on the roster is waiver exempt unless Foote makes it. Keep waiving TJ?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $380.00