Pre-Game Talk: 2021 Tampa Bay Lightning Training Camp

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Borgman's number at the beginning of camp was 68. He's in 5 now. It may be a simple equipment issue, but that's maybe a sign that he's staying.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Killorn looking like the best forward on either side right now, nice followup by ABB on the Hedman pinch

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
ABB looked good that period, IMO. And if Joseph can get back to being a speed-first guy, he can be a real asset to us (again).

ABB is making a believer out of me; Foote, not so much.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Foote looks so timid, like he's scared to use his size.

Raddysh looks like a worse version of Verhaeghe, he's got that Namesnikov tunnel vision thing going.

I like what I'm seeing from Colton.

Good thing about the scrimmage is that we can see how these guys match up against players from a contender. Gourde line has already burned several players on the forecheck.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
ABB looked good that period, IMO. And if Joseph can get back to being a speed-first guy, he can be a real asset to us (again).

ABB is making a believer out of me; Foote, not so much.
Agreed on everything.

Borgman looks better than Foote through 1 period. Borgman having an easier time getting the puck out of his own zone

If the Lightning pull Cirelli from the pk to start to look at him as more of an offensive player, (especially with Kuch out) that's definitely an area Joseph can hopefully fill. Joseph has always been a big shorthanded goal threat.

ABB looking good so far too :)
Foote looks so timid, like he's scared to use his size.

Raddysh looks like a worse version of Verhaeghe, he's got that Namesnikov tunnel vision thing going.

I like what I'm seeing from Colton.
Every time I see Colton, I like what I see. I thought he was excellent a year ago in the prospect tournament and really became the guy that got Raddysh and ABB going. He does the dirty work for the more skilled guys. I thought that carried over into the 2019 preseason, and it looked like he had a great year in Syracuse and earned himself an A for his jersey.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Decisions realistically are probably pretty much made, but any final conclusions will have to be figured out tonight/tomorrow morning since waivers is at noon.

They'll probably 'know', but still sleep on it to be sure.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
All I'm really looking at with Foote is his skating. I just don't see the improvement. At least not in that period.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Agreed on everything.

Borgman looks better than Foote through 1 period. Borgman having an easier time getting the puck out of his own zone

If the Lightning pull Cirelli from the pk to start to look at him as more of an offensive player, (especially with Kuch out) that's definitely an area Joseph can hopefully fill. Joseph has always been a big shorthanded goal threat.

ABB looking good so far too :)

Every time I see Colton, I like what I see. I thought he was excellent a year ago in the prospect tournament and really became the guy that got Raddysh and ABB going. He does the dirty work for the more skilled guys. I thought that carried over into the 2019 preseason, and it looked like he had a great year in Syracuse and earned himself an A for his jersey.

Yeah Colton is developing nicely, he's got good size too, I think he'd fit better as the future 4C over Stephens.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Schenn gets into a little bit of trouble behind the net, puck goes to Borgman and he gets them out. I like what I see from him so far.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad