WC: 2021 Sweden Roster Talk

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
Would u guys want Omark on this team, if he wants to play? 61 points in 49 games is impressing. I know he is never good vs top 6 nations...but we could need his scoring against lesser nations.

Depends on which NHLers we get. Omark is basically top-6 or bust. He has to play in a prominent offensive role to be effective.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
No idea what they see in Rubin. Very mediocre goalie.

Lines?

Berggren - Wingerli - Fröden
Rasmussen - Kempe - Lindberg
Hållander - Eklund - Wedin
Friberg - Ljungh - Larsson
Olofsson - Lindholm - Sylvegård

Pilut - Dahlbeck
Lööv - Lundkvist
Holm - Bäckström
Albert - Pudas
Sellgren - Nygren

If we speculate about future adds from Rögle and Växjö i could see Emil Pettersson, Holmberg, J.Persson, Folin, Rifalk, Ryfors, Zaar, Hansson and Everberg get a invite.

NLA playoffs i guess Klingberg and Tömmernäs might get a invite.

Berggren - Wingerli - Fröden
Rasmussen - Kempe - Lindberg
Everberg - Ryfors - Zaar
Pettersson - Holmberg - Wedin
Friberg - Eklund - Klingberg

Pilut - Dahlbeck
Lööv - Lundkvist
Holm - Folin
Hansson - Persson
Sellgren - Tömmernäs

Reidenborn
Rifalk
Ersson
Do you Think Eklund going to play center in this wc

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Do you guys think Victor Söderström could add something to the team? He done a good job in his 3 NHL games.

Nils Höglander must make this team, been good the whole season. 24 points in 48 games as a rookie on a bad team. 13 of the points in his last 18 games. All even strength.

Look how Canucks fans hype him: Player Discussion - Nils Hoglander PART III

Another name i want to mention is Pontus Holmberg, who is having a hell of a season and playoff. Was great in EHT too. His Strenght and puck protection is already of very good NHL-class.

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
How likely do you that Muka Zibanejad will play for Sweden this year? Sweden need him both for the tournament, but also to promote a true role model for kids to continue to play hockey. We dont have that many big stars anymore.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Btw the Everberg - Ryfors - Zaar line got some serious chemistry, just like Berggren - Wingerli - Fröden. With so many rosters spots due to Covid it would be foolish to not take out this 2 lines.

If Växjö wins tomorrow, players from the final should get added to Carlson Hockey Games right away, no need to wait.

GusevNik

Apr 22, 2019
I would like to see Olofsson in the national team. He has never played in a World Cup.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
Why rush to make selections like this? There are options from SHL that are just as good or better right now. If they bring in NHLers, bring players that actually will contribute. And I really like Lundeström as a player. Sörensen is just meh.

This was my first reaction too. Unfortunately, it could be a sign that few decent NHL'ers will join the team. Afterall, managment has a dialogue with many players, and so they should have a rough idea which players will or won't come. But also, keep in mind that that teams are allowed to carry more players than usual for this WC tournament. In that sense, I don't mind these additions as much.

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
Yeah, Lundström is young and can improve, not really bothered by that selection. But Sörensen is 29 and a barely an NHLer, not a real improvement on the current roster. Don't really see the point of inviting players who are marginal improvements over the current roster and would never make the team in a normal year. As many said above, this is probably not a good sign. We have enough players missing the playoffs to fill out the entire squad and Lundström and Sörensen would've probably not made it. So it is really bottom of the barrell. Hoping for players like Zibanejad, Rakell, Elias Lindholm, Klingberg, OEL, Rasmus Dahlin etc is probably setting one self up for disappointment. I hope that Garpenlöv at least says, "You know, accepting an invite doesn't exactly damage your chances of making the Olympic roster (wink, wink, nudge, nudge)". That might entice players who are competing for the spots, like Victor Olofsson and Rasmus Andersson to accept

Reactions: Elvs

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Sorensen and Lundstrom have taken NHL spots for a reason. Sorensen have been a NHLer for years. Yes, none of them are top guys, but for sure good guys to have on bottom 6. Lundestrom ability to hold the puck is gonna add much as will sorensens speed, hair and tenacity.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Well, Växjö just won the gold. Is Garpenlöv gonna add players from Rögle and Växjö to Carlson Hockey Games? He should.

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
No Zibanejad, no Klingberg

But we will get L.Andersson, Brome and Sorensen LMAO

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
I can honestly understand if not many NHL'ers will join this year. The Covid bubble and quarantine must've been hell to live in and the schedule has been very intense for them. I think alot of players have lingering injuries that they've played through. To then join another quarantine tournament without much of an audience can't be much fun.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
No Zibanejad, no Klingberg

But we will get L.Andersson, Brome and Sorensen LMAO
Andersson, & Bromé has only said they'd like to, while Garpen hasn't contacted them about joining.

Only veteran in the NHL I could see joining is OEL, should be fairly obvious why.

Fasth wants to play, if Marky Mark declines then Fasth over Rubin would be tops.

GusevNik

Apr 22, 2019
Andersson, & Bromé has only said they'd like to, while Garpen hasn't contacted them about joining.

Only veteran in the NHL I could see joining is OEL, should be fairly obvious why.

Fasth wants to play, if Marky Mark declines then Fasth over Rubin would be tops.
Brome and Andersson are not reinforcements. We need to wait for a decision from other players and, based on their response, turn to hockey players who are less strong.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad