Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
Powerplay lineups at today’s practice:

Cehlarik - Hrivik - Lantosi
Studenic - Gernat

Fasko-Rudas - Kristof - Skalicky
Pospisil - Nemec

Slafkovsky maybe out of opening lineup for Belarus game.

Last edited:

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Powerplay lineups at today’s practice:

Cehlarik - Hrivik - Lantosi
Studenic - Gernat

Fasko-Rudas - Krisot - Skalicky
Pospisil - Nemec

Slafkovsky maybe out of opening lineup for Belarus game.
It sucks for me because I was interested in Canada vs Latvia but I consider the Belarus game very important for Slovak's so I'll be watching that one instead. Would've been nice if the games weren't at the same time.

Reactions: Antiillafire

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
Good win vs Belarus. First 2 lines clicked, the other two less so.
From youngsters I thought Knazko was solid. Nemec played well too, but he seemed to play more reserved after getting the bad hit which I don’t blame him for switching his play style. Slafkovsky got limited ice time and it was mostly in little bursts rather than sustained zone time, but I thought he had some good passes and stick handles. I hoped to see him on the PP but I guess not

Reactions: stastny12

stastny12

Dec 26, 2018
Trencin, Slovakia
Big win! First offensive line and Pospisil were absolutely brilliant. I´m pretty satisfied with their performance. Not so much with the defense, though. But it was expected and we could rely on Konrad, so everything is fine. Great start and other decisive games are yet to come. However, if we play as we did during the first period and partly in the third one, I am not afraid.

Reactions: Antiillafire

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
Good start, especially the first period and three points are what matters the most, though it wouldn't be a team Slovakia game without giving us a proper scare late in the game. We have to avoid those scares moving forward if we want to keep our chances for a QF spot alive.

The most positive thing is that it seems that our pre-WC scoring woes were a result of not having all of our our top 6 play in any single prep game.

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
Big win! First offensive line and Pospisil were absolutely brilliant. I´m pretty satisfied with their performance. Not so much with the defense, though. But it was expected and we could rely on Konrad, so everything is fine. Great start and other decisive games are yet to come. However, if we play as we did during the first period and partly in the third one, I am not afraid.
Pospisil impressed me a lot too. I thought he was jumping from the get go. He’s really matured from his junior days. He is more physical, a better skater but he still has the stick handling abilities and great shot. I wouldn’t be surprised if a few NHL teams came knocking on the door.

elMatador

Feb 20, 2008
It wouldn't be a game by Slovakia without a sequence of brainfarts to close the game in a convincing fashion.
Konrad not playing/playing the puck, Daloga throwing a broken stick, cross ice pass in the D-zone and Liska taking a lazy penalty.
First period they skated hard and dominated the play.
Rest of the game they stopped skating just doing cute fancy moves.
Slafkovsky is being wasted on the 4th line, he needs to play with more skilled guys.
Liska and Rudas were meh, I would rather give a shot to Kelemen or Holesinsky next game.

Reactions: tobu

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
It wouldn't be a game by Slovakia without a sequence of brainfarts to close the game in a convincing fashion.
Konrad not playing/playing the puck, Daloga throwing a broken stick, cross ice pass in the D-zone and Liska taking a lazy penalty.
First period they skated hard and dominated the play.
Rest of the game they stopped skating just doing cute fancy moves.
Slafkovsky is being wasted on the 4th line, he needs to play with more skilled guys.
Liska and Rudas were meh, I would rather give a shot to Kelemen or Holesinsky next game.
Personally I’d play him with Kristof and Pospisil on that second line. Move skalicky down to play with Roman and Studenic. This group seems to be still wide open. Sweden’s loss to Denmark creates more opportunities for us

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad