WC: 2021 Slovakia Roster Talk

flemo

Jan 7, 2010
Studenic was not able to use his leg. I'm afraid he's done for tournament. Will miss his smile.

czechmate

Jan 1, 2016
You can be proud of your victory today - what a sensational team effort! Our "little" brother was big today! ;)

Impressive victory against Russia, something the Czechs weren't capable of.

I'll have my fingers crossed for you & hope that you'll go very far at this WC :thumbu:

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
I really don’t understand what these line up combinations and roster choices are from Ramsay. First, Skalicky is completely useless, he can’t skate, can barely hit for his size and has hands of stone. With the way he’s looked, he wouldn’t even make team Italy. Second, does Ramsay have obsession with Liska? This guy can’t do anything except block shots. He chips and chase but even than can’t win board battles. Studenic once again creating tons of chances but plays with Kristof who is most average player ever. Pospisil is good, but he sometimes focuses too much on making perfect play or big hit. If Ramsay was smart he would move Slafkovsky to play either first or second line. Every time Slafkovsky is on the ice he creates chances. Yes he will make some lack of experience mistakes but he does more with 6 minutes of ice time than most of our forwards do with double the ice time. How is he seriously not on the PP? That must be the worst decision from Ramsay in the time he’s been HC of national team. Why is Gachulinec playing? He can’t do anything offensively or defensively, he’s literally just a warm body.

Our PP is completely stagnant, we cycle the puck around mindlessly waiting for someone to throw it at the net. Our PK can’t clear the puck either, it seems like every time the puck gets in the slot when the opposing team has a PP, they will score.

I hope we can turn this around, but it seems likely we are going out.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Is Studenic still hurt? Haven't really followed the tournament closely but heard the last game he played was decent but got injured and left the game.

jcbio11

Aug 17, 2008
Bratislava
Yeah boi! We be in baby!

Bunch of debbie downers in this thread (I kid, I kid :)). Glad you guys were wrong though.

Also love me some Liska, that guy hustles.

flemo

Jan 7, 2010
Yeah boi! We be in baby!

Bunch of debbie downers in this thread (I kid, I kid :)). Glad you guys were wrong though.

Also love me some Liska, that guy hustles.
Liska is getting better every game, I liked him especially against Sweden. And I must say I liked Skalicky also. Hard worker.

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
upload_2021-5-31_16-14-37.jpeg

stastny12

Dec 26, 2018
Trencin, Slovakia
Who would you prefer as an opponent in the QFs? Finland or USA? I have not seen any game of the group B, so I can´t really measure the quality of both teams. Historically, I would prefer USA, since we beat them quite regularly. Can´t tell the same about Finland, though.

elMatador

Feb 20, 2008
Who would you prefer as an opponent in the QFs? Finland or USA? I have not seen any game of the group B, so I can´t really measure the quality of both teams. Historically, I would prefer USA, since we beat them quite regularly. Can´t tell the same about Finland, though.

Does it really matter? I don't see an extra gear in that roster to match either of them. Swiss game all over again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad