Confirmed with Link: 2021 Signing NOT 2022 Yet - TOR signed F Ondrej Kase [1 year, 1.25M]

htpwn

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
Really good player if (and with his history, a big if) he can remain healthy.

Well done.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Talented but injury prone

We pour a ton of resources into areas like sports science and player health so this seems like a decent roll of the dice to me

If he can't stay healthy the contract can be buried but if we can keep him fit he's a very cheap useful productive top 9 wing we desperately need

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Bruins gave up Backes, Axel Andersson and a first for him. He has value when not sitting in the quiet room. Let’s hope he stays healthy.

Budz22

Sep 18, 2018
4r9qe8.jpg

Guy Boucher

Oct 22, 2008
Low risk proposition, cap hit is fully buriable.

But I question fit. Marner, Nylander, Spezza, Simmonds are all RWers and so is Kase.

This team needs real LWers. You can put Nylander/Simmonds on the LW but neither are as effective in those positions imo.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
it almost as if Dufas is begging to be fired. NINE games in the last two seasons.

He played 55 total regular season games in 2019-2020. He got traded to Boston where he played 6 games. He then played 11 games in the playoffs for Boston.

So that would be 69 (nice) games in the last 2 seasons total.

I think you should be begging the optometrist to look at your eye prescription to change up those glasses.

Last edited:

TheScandal89

Jun 26, 2016
Not a fan of this signing, the guy is one hit away from not playing at all. Whats gonna happen to him in the playoffs.

I don't get this. The guy had 1 good season. You gotta hope Dubas is up to something or else he should be cleaning his office at mlse.

Eternal Leaf

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
This is a good depth signing. If he stays healthy, he's a solid 30-40 point winger.

I'm guessing Ritchie is the last guy they'll go for?

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Not a fan of this signing, the guy is one hit away from not playing at all. Whats gonna happen to him in the playoffs.

I don't get this. You gotta hope Dubas is up to something or else he should be cleaning his office at mlse.
Then they put him on LTIR? Or he stays healthy. It’s low risk with some potential reward.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
He's got potential but he's had so many concussions in his young career

Hope if he plays he has someone protecting him and honestly wouldn't expect him to play in the dirty areas as much as some other guys. Hopefully he can stay healthy and provide good secondary scoring for the leafs

Reactions: Rob Brown

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Well, as far as $1.25M players go, he should definitely be one.

Sep 18, 2009

I don't get this. The guy had 1 good season. You gotta hope Dubas is up to something or else he should be cleaning his office at mlse.
Dobby used all his cap space on the instagram playboys so this is what he have left
Not bad

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Low risk, high reward.

Clearly, they talked to their medical staff beforehand, but handle this guy with kid gloves and make sure he is fully healthy before throwing him in there and he may be able to go 0.5p/g in a third-line role, great signing.

This also signals to me they are trying to trade a player or two.. we are getting really crowded in the forward position, no open spots as far as I am concerned and we still have players like Anderson, Robertson, Malgin, Gabriel, Brooks, Semyonov, who I thought would all be battling for a spot.

Reactions: Rob Brown

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
There was a time where he was getting a bit overrated.

I think in 2018 with the ducks he had 20 in 30 or so and his advanced stats were really strong along with great per 60 numbers

A few fans, including that one really young Tampa fan had him ranked the 9th best player in the NHL. Fans of the ducks argued if healthy he'd be better than Nylander

Obviously those fans overrated the crap out the guy but he had some natural talent and drive which he showed. He was producing well. Talent wise I think he can be as good as 2019 AJ or Kapanen if he's healthy and in a scoring line. Should be good for 45 to 50 points barring health and team chemistry working well

I didn't like the Kampf deal, still don't tbh. But this deal to me is a very solid one. Better to take the risk on Kase at 1.25M then pay Ritchie 2.5M while both regular season impact can be similar due to how undisciplined and lazy Ritchie is as a player

My favorite move of the offseason so far from the leafs.

We have what 2M or so left now if we run a 20 man roster?

Reactions: Havoc

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad