Confirmed with Link: 2021 Signing NOT 2022 Yet - TOR signed F Ondrej Kase [1 year, 1.25M]

Srsly

Feb 8, 2011
Upland
We see his skill, ability and heart. Dude played his heart out for us.

27 points in 50 games and 3 playoff points in 7 is good value by any sane metric.
Seriously, he averaged under ten minutes per game and still played at a near .5ppg pace. I know our fanbase is upset but I’m not sure we can realistically ask for much more in a limited depth role.

Reactions: bax and kb

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
With no more Spezza, Kase is an awesome PP2 candidate.

I loved him on PP1 in Marners absence and would like to see him as a PP2 fixture.
He has shown the ability to play on the top unit in a pinch.

Reactions: bax and kb

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Seriously, he averaged under ten minutes per game and still played at a near .5ppg pace. I know our fanbase is upset but I’m not sure we can realistically ask for much more in a limited depth role.
To some the grass is always greener.

rocketman588

Jan 15, 2021
If his contract is insurable I'd bet one of the cap floor teams like Buffalo and Arizona should be all over outbidding the competition for this player.

Can you imagine zona paying him like 3 mil a year solely so they can never play him and hit the cap floor with insurance

That would be next level trash

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Part of me wants him back, I've said for a long time our bottom 6 needs more scoring and he had 14 goals in 50 games he would have easily hit 20, maybe even 25.

The problem is his brain is essentially pudding at this point.

It's a shame because he's very very good

I think when healthy, he is better than any forwards in our system. As he can play anywhere in the top 9, PK and PP, got a good shot and knows his role.
But can he stay healthy?

Auston Matthews exists

Reactions: bax

Brown Dog

Jun 23, 2007
Part of me wants him back, I've said for a long time our bottom 6 needs more scoring and he had 14 goals in 50 games he would have easily hit 20, maybe even 25.

The problem is his brain is essentially pudding at this point.

It's a shame because he's very very good

Auston Matthews exists
I think they mean better than anyone in our pipeline (ie. Marlies).

TheRumble

Feb 19, 2009
I'd like him back but I dunno what type of player he'll be, the issue is he's had 8 concussions. He's just not going to be a healthy player for 82 games plus playoffs.

The more concussions you suffer, the easier it becomes to get subsequent concussions and Kase's style of play just exacerbates it.

Tarmore

Nov 11, 2008
I'd like him back but I dunno what type of player he'll be, the issue is he's had 8 concussions. He's just not going to be a healthy player for 82 games plus playoffs.

The more concussions you suffer, the easier it becomes to get subsequent concussions and Kase's style of play just exacerbates it.

There is always the hope he can turn it around ala Alyn McCauley type of recovery.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad