Confirmed with Link: 2021 Signing NOT 2022 Yet - TOR signed F Ondrej Kase [1 year, 1.25M]

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
Good analytical numbers but completely made of glass.

Sign Tatar and the forward group looks average instead of complete dogshit.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Excellent signing. He's very good but his health is a big question mark. I am surprised there was enough interest for him to get more than a league minimum deal.

Reactions: Menzinger

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
_____ - Matthews - Marner
Bunting - Tavares - Nylander
Kerfoot - - - Kampf - - - Kase
Simmonds - Spezza - Gabriel

Sign Ritchie to fill out that top line. Dump Engvall & Mikheyev

I was very disappointed so far this off season but things are looking alright. Robertson can play in Kase’s spot if he gets hurt.
Gabriel won’t be an everyday player

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
If he is healthy, he adds a lot to the team on the 3rd line who can play in the top 6 if needed. Don't think this should be our big addition though.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
That was unexpected, but a worthy roll of the dice with that contract. He's still young enough to have upside.

KuleminFan41

Jan 5, 2009
I'm guessing Engvall or Mikheyev isn't coming back . At just over 1 million, I'm not sure how I feel about this signing because his numbers aren't exactly spectacular in terms of games played.

Subway Schenn

Jun 24, 2018
London, UK
_____ - Matthews - Marner
Bunting - Tavares - Nylander
Kerfoot - - - Kampf - - - Kase
Simmonds - Spezza - Gabriel

Sign Ritchie to fill out that top line. Dump Engvall & Mikheyev

I was very disappointed so far this off season but things are looking alright. Robertson can play in Kase’s spot if he gets hurt.

I'd keep Mikheyev. Cheap depth with some upside. Also Robertson competing for a wing spot, things are starting to look alright....

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
I'd keep Mikheyev. Cheap depth with some upside. Also Robertson competing for a wing spot, things are starting to look alright....

I find it hilarious that he is dumping Engvall and Mikheyev, and keeping guys like Malgin and Anderson out of the lineup, to play Gabriel in the lineup... A guy who sucks at even playing 5 minutes a night.

Playing Simmonds over them is also pretty sad given how poorly he has played. Simmonds should be rotating with Spezza as the 13th forward, but I imagine he is going to be given a spot over a better, younger player.

Reactions: stickty111

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
I like that Dubas is sticking with guys who are entering their prime.

Kase is 25
Bunt is 25
Kampf is 26

A lot of the other guys will be playing at 25/26 years old too.

Cross fingers for some breakouts .

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
I like that Dubas is sticking with guys who are entering their prime.

Kase is 25
Bunt is 25
Kampf is 26

A lot of the other guys will be playing at 25/26 years old too.

Cross fingers for some breakouts .

Better than adding post-prime guys who can't play anymore because they hit or bring experience.

Thornbury

Dec 29, 2019
???? This makes no sense. How does he not get a min contract. The guy was injured all year.
Seriously? He signed for $1.25 million. Your shorts are in a knot because of $500K. The guy has some real upside and if he misses lots of time due to injury you're covered by LTIR. Have to look pretty hard to find a major downside, unless you simply have a Dubas hate on.

Dreakmur

Mar 25, 2008
Orillia, Ontario
I find it hilarious that he is dumping Engvall and Mikheyev, and keeping guys like Malgin and Anderson out of the lineup, to play Gabriel in the lineup... A guy who sucks at even playing 5 minutes a night.

Playing Simmonds over them is also pretty sad given how poorly he has played. Simmonds should be rotating with Spezza as the 13th forward, but I imagine he is going to be given a spot over a better, younger player.

Good teams need players who fill different roles. You can't just dress 12 forwards who bring soft skill and think it's going to be effective.

Reactions: PromisedLand

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
Better than adding post-prime guys who can't play anymore because they hit or bring experience.

phase 1: Sign over the hill 40+ year olds that have nothing left.
phase 2: go for bargain bin players and hope for break outs.
phase 3: do it the proper way and build a balanced team.

Whatever their trying to do is not going to work. Teams that win are not built this way. Dubas f***ed this team with the big 4 contracts and now he needs to keep doubling down on bad decisions.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad