2021 Seattle Kraken Expansion Draft

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
I get not taking Zadorov because you don't want to go to arb, but why not Carpenter? Even if you're going to flip him, he's a nice depth player on a good contract. Unless you think the Hawks mishandled Quenneville and he has untapped potential?

Reactions: Muffinalt

u2wojo

Dec 22, 2011
I don't think he'll be overpaid, probably 3-3.5mil

Problem is....that realistically ain't happening in Chicago. His agent is asking for 5+. He is arbitration eligible. He played 19+ minutes per game. He has made 3.2 per the last 2 seasons. When he goes to arbitration, I'm guessing his compareables will be guys playing 18-19 minutesd a game making 4.5-5 per. I guarantee, one compareable his agent uses in arbitrations will be DeHaan, Calvin who played 18 minutes a game and earned 4.55. He'll get an arbitration ruling in the zip code of 4 per and the Hawks will walk.

Reactions: bwana63

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
Why is everyone afraid of Zadorov going to arbitration when we have a boat load of cap space? Big deal you overpay a little and send him packing at next years TDL. Especially if we don't end up using the cap space.

Drumman44

Kyle Beach Deserved Better
May 2, 2017
Didn't the ed already help the Hawks with division opponents like the Stars and Wild losing decent d-men, and the Avs and Preds losing decent forwards?

Good point. Division looks a little weaker as a whole today compared to yesterday

Arizona - Pitlick
Colorado - Donskoi
Dallas - Oleksiak
Minnesota - Soucy
Nashville - Jarnkrok
St Louis - Dunn
Winnipeg - Appleton

nmgrbhfn

Mar 27, 2018
Problem is....that realistically ain't happening in Chicago. His agent is asking for 5+. He is arbitration eligible. He played 19+ minutes per game. He has made 3.2 per the last 2 seasons. When he goes to arbitration, I'm guessing his compareables will be guys playing 18-19 minutesd a game making 4.5-5 per. I guarantee, one compareable his agent uses in arbitrations will be DeHaan, Calvin who played 18 minutes a game and earned 4.55. He'll get an arbitration ruling in the zip code of 4 per and the Hawks will walk.
Will Z really get that contract? The rumor is that Larsson signed for 4 x 4, and Oleksiak yet tba. If those numbers remain on the low side, won't that help the Hawks? In addition, do the Hawks really want Z to walk, possibly to a division opponent that just lost a d in the expansion draft?

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Why is everyone afraid of Zadorov going to arbitration when we have a boat load of cap space? Big deal you overpay a little and send him packing at next years TDL. Especially if we don't end up using the cap space.
I don’t care about the money, there’s tons. It’s more I don’t want to watch that brain dead caveman attempt to play hockey anymore.

nmgrbhfn

Mar 27, 2018
I don’t care about the money, there’s tons. It’s more I don’t want to watch that brain dead caveman attempt to play hockey anymore.
Big Z was not a significant liability for the Hawks, even in the latter half of the season when he wasn't as sharp. The Hawks already got rid of the player who was the main source of the late-season swoon. Big Z wasn't as bad as a 5 or 6 when compared to the once-great who was asked to carry 1 d minutes.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brightwing

giza

Jul 19, 2011
His stats do not support his salary demands......if I were Z, I wouldn't get too greedy.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
His comparables are Carlo, Pettersson, Toews, and Grzelcyk. All of those players signed for 4.1mil or less. Hawks could easily make an argument that Zadorov isn't as good as those players. DeHaan got his money as a UFA, same with Adam Larsson and they still only got 4.5 and 4mil. He isn't even getting 4mil in arb. he has zero ammo in his arbitration case.

If he gets 4mil+ in arb, Hawks just walk away.

Reactions: nmgrbhfn

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Frank Seravalli of "The Daily Faceoff" is saying Vince Dunn will be the choice from St. Louis.

--------------

If all of these names that are being leaked are accurate, then what's the point of tonight then?

hopefully trades...don't recall all the vegas picks being leaked like this

Reactions: Brightwing

giza

Jul 19, 2011
I didn't see one player on our unprotected list worthy of picks to protect....maybe we have the worst of the worst and they are looking for some quality AHL depth for injuries with Quenneville.

FeatherHead

Oct 5, 2017
If the leaked picks are accurate, what I glean from it is this…

1) Seattle is saving money to take a run at free agents.

2) They’re denying other teams salary dumps so they can NOT make runs at these free agents.

3) They have some serious side deals in place for not taking certain exposed players.

4) They took players other teams were interested in that they intend to flip to those interested parties.

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
A good goalie coach would recognize that Subban is a gifted goaltender who has poor rebound control. If Seattle has such a coach on board he may feel that it can be fixed with some work.
Subbans' positioning is also mediocre.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad