2021 Seattle Kraken Expansion Draft

u2wojo

Dec 22, 2011
Side deal smells like a LHD. Seattle is rumored to be taking/signing Oleksiak, Dunn, Fleury, Lauzon, Giordano, and Soucy who are all LHD. Giordano is rumored to be heading to the Rangers....but 5 LHD would remain and Z is another LHD as our most valueable (minus the Pejorative Slur contract demands) unprotected asset on the expansion list.

Reactions: Muffinalt

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
Side deal smells like a LHD. Seattle is rumored to be taking/signing Oleksiak, Dunn, Fleury, Lauzon, Giordano, and Soucy who are all LHD. Giordano is rumored to be heading to the Rangers....but 5 LHD would remain and Z is another LHD as our most valueable (minus the Pejorative Slur contract demands) unprotected asset on the expansion list.

Even if no side deal, just normal trading I'd happily take Lauzon, Soucy or Dunn.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Maybe that's his plan? Get a solid D core, get lots of picks, trade for Eichel, build through the draft with high forward picks.

can't remember where but think there was some speculation that seattle didn't want to spend a lot of money out the gate on a team but could be wrong...it would add up with some of these picks given the talent they could've had on the roster with tarasenko, voracek, etc

Reactions: Beukeboom Fan

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
can't remember where but think there was some speculation that seattle didn't want to spend a lot of money out the gate on a team but could be wrong...it would add up with some of these picks given the talent they could've had on the roster with tarasenko, voracek, etc
Yeah, I feel like they didn't want to be bogged down by expensive/long term contracts. I think Eberle has the longest contract out of all of them, and sounds like it's a side deal with NYI.

Drumman44

Kyle Beach Deserved Better
May 2, 2017
Yeah, I feel like they didn't want to be bogged down by expensive/long term contracts. I think Eberle has the longest contract out of all of them, and sounds like it's a side deal with NYI.

Seattle is like 20 million under the cap with another 28 million rolling off next season.

Have to think that they’ll be taking on some cap now for picks right? Or making a splash in free agency?

Reactions: Muffinalt

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
well it looks like the expansion draft didnt hurt us one bit and could potentially help us if we were to work out something with seattle with all the d men they have acquired.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad