2021 Seattle Expansion Thread

Pigge

Feb 28, 2002
How is Knight able to be protected if he’s on the roster ?
afaik you don't have to protect people on ELC contracts, they can only be picked in the expansion draft once they've become RFAs
According to the FAQ at CapFriendly, players who have accrued two or less professional seasons are exempt (which is pretty much the same as the ELC).

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
Assuming Yandle is waiving, and with Duclair expressing interest in a long term deal...

Barkov, Huberdeau, Bennett, Verhaeghe, Duclair, Hornqvist, Vatrano
Ekblad, Weegar, Forsling
Bob

Unless we have a prior deal (which we probably do, but if we don't) then we probably lose one of Acciari or Gudas. I'd rather lose Cookie tbqh.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
I wish Keith f***boy would do this.

KY: "I thought about waiving for several days and I came into the conclusion that... I simply cannot do it. My boys need me, I am the motor of this hockey club, keeping everything light 'n tight. Moreover, Q lets me to play even 15mins per game and that means the world to me. When a coach trusts you that much, leaving becomes an impossible task for me."

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013

I wish Keith f***boy would do this.

He probably has. Multiple accounts are saying that were working on a deal with Driedger for Seattle to pick him up.
Imo that means that Yandle would have waived and Forsling was protected and Seattle would rather Driedger than Nuti.

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
KY: "I thought about waiving for several days and I came into the conclusion that... I simply cannot do it. My boys need me, I am the motor of this hockey club, keeping everything light 'n tight. Moreover, Q lets me to play even 15mins per game and that means the world to me. When a coach trusts you that much, leaving becomes an impossible task for me."
Yands is wicked smaaht!!

-ghoste

Reactions: harv33173

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
Hornqvist and Gudas have helped. But at the end of the day, I'm exposing them for expansion. If they don't get picked, I'd welcome them back. But they're not going to be protected over some other guys, if it were up to me.

Reactions: letsgrowcactus

JP Mick

Sep 24, 2008
Homestead, FL
I’m not really stressing this expansion draft. I’ve seen what Zito has done so far and I trust the man. If a deal can be made, he has my confidence.

Reactions: 5 Hole

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
I'd add Hornqvist to the bribe to get rid of list. I value his leadership skills and experience, but the second half has been brutal for him, and I can't imagine it would get better next season with even more games. He's hurting his line every time he steps on the ice and idk if his PP production makes up for it.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
I'd add Hornqvist to the bribe to get rid of list. I value his leadership skills and experience, but the second half has been brutal for him, and I can't imagine it would get better next season with even more games. He's hurting his line every time he steps on the ice and idk if his PP production makes up for it.
I must agree with this now. (But I’m still glad we got rid of Math.)

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
I must agree with this now. (But I’m still glad we got rid of Math.)
He did have a huge impact on us this year mentality-wise. I would count on the players to have got the message, so we don't need him for that any longer.
His prime playing days where he could play 100 games a season are gone.

Pigge

Feb 28, 2002
I love that we got to have him, but it certainly is hard to keep him around. The leadership qualities could be useful for an expansion team, which should also be able to manage a bad contract for a couple of seasons. So maybe it wouldn't cost an arm and a leg to convince Seattle to take him. Otherwise he is a prime candidate for a buyout anyway, dropping his cap hit from $5.3M the next two years to $1.8 the next four years.

Reactions: austropanther

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
I love that we got to have him, but it certainly is hard to keep him around. The leadership qualities could be useful for an expansion team, which should also be able to manage a bad contract for a couple of seasons. So maybe it wouldn't cost an arm and a leg to convince Seattle to take him. Otherwise he is a prime candidate for a buyout anyway, dropping his cap hit from $5.3M the next two years to $1.8 the next four years.
Buyout makes more sense a year from now though. It would be great to dump that salary, but I don't think there's a pressing need to do it right now after the season Hornqvist had. Put him on the 4th line permanently and hope he helps the PP, it'll be easier to shelter him compared to the playoffs too. Back-to-backs rest for him.

It would also look bad on the organization that we bought out a productive and well liked player. A trade is better at that point, which I'm sure Zito will look at with Hornys no trade going from a full NTC to 8 team no-list.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad