2021 Seattle Expansion Thread

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
From Driedger's point of view it doesn't make any sense to negotiate with the Panthers before the FA and the Panthers won't the one dishing out the most dough at Driedger in the FA. So Driedger is good as gone.
Absolutely true.

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
Imo, there really isn't a need to overthink the expansion draft if Ek, Weegar, and Forsling are protected.
The list of dmen that are going to be available is really good. Nuti & Gudas might not even crack the top 7 and they are expensive. So the most attractive option for Seattle might be Driedger or Wennberg instead of picking up some unwanted salary. Trying to lock them up before they hit the market would be smart and with the flat cap, players might be willing to sign quickly since last offseason a bunch of players got screwed.

Reactions: 16Skippy

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
, players might be willing to sign quickly since last offseason a bunch of players got screwed.

If that's the case... they didn't get screwed. The buyers just didn't think highly of them. If e.g. Wennberg as a center wants to cash in with his 40pts with top6 minutes then this is the right moment for him. Some team will give him another multi-year $5mil deal believing that there's still another level to Wennberg's game and/or Lumbus was stunting his development, etc. Now that Bennett taps into Wennberg's top6-level minutes, his point production will plummet.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
I’m sure having a beer with Yandle would be a lot of fun. Almost as much as with Eddie Belfour.

However, his playing is shit. There’s no better way to say it, and the profanity filter stops me from saying what it really is.

Yandle’s ego is the largest mountain in south Florida, even bigger than the trash dumps, which actually is an apt comparison.

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
Is it a bad idea to re-sign Judge before the expansion draft, so that Seattle can take him before hits the open market?
Well it’s a gamble first off. I don’t think driedger’s camp would want to re-sign knowing bob is here for a while and Knight is close approaching. He’ll try and get a starting gig via free agency. I just don’t think there’s any deal to be made. But in a dream scenario yeah he’d re-sign and then Seattle would take him and we’d essentially lose nothing since we were going to lose him anyways.
It wouldn't happen.
If Seattle and Driedger really wanted each other, they could just sign during the pre-Expansion Draft, two day window that Seattle has for talking to UFAs. Both Judge and Seattle would get a better deal than if we were involved as a third party. But there's no reason for Seattle to that because
1) Then Driedger would count as their pick in the expansion draft, which would be dumb because they can leverage a much better player/package out of us.
2) They have more than enough goalies to choose from and will almost certainly get a chance to take Khudobin--who should be their first choice.

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
It wouldn't happen.
If Seattle and Driedger really wanted each other, they could just sign during the pre-Expansion Draft, two day window that Seattle has for talking to UFAs. Both Judge and Seattle would get a better deal than if we were involved as a third party. But there's no reason for Seattle to that because
1) Then Driedger would count as their pick in the expansion draft, which would be dumb because they can leverage a much better player/package out of us.
2) They have more than enough goalies to choose from and will almost certainly get a chance to take Khudobin--who should be their first choice.
1) There isn't a better player for them to take. I don't see them paying 2.5M for their 7/8th dman or 5.3M for a third liner.
2) They have to pick 3 goalies, assuming old man Khudo is one. Then one of the two other might be the guy with the highest SV% in the league over the past 2 season.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
Verhaeghe Barkov
Huberdeau Bennett Duclair
Vatrano Wennberg Hornqvist

Weegar Ekblad
Forsling Gudas
Nutivaara Montour

Im willing to give Seattle pick/s and prospects, just to allow us to have that lineup.

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
1) There isn't a better player for them to take. I don't see them paying 2.5M for their 7/8th dman or 5.3M for a third liner.
2) They have to pick 3 goalies, assuming old man Khudo is one. Then one of the two other might be the guy with the highest SV% in the league over the past 2 season.
1) They'd be nuts to not take Hornqvist if he was available. And if we have no prior deal in place, I'm sure they'd happily take whichever of Forsling, Duclair, or Vatrano is force to be unprotected.
2) Maybe they do want Driedger. But he and them can still just wait for UFA to open, so Seattle can still get more than a backup goalie from FLA and so Driedger can field all his offers.

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
They'd be nuts to take a 3rd liner making 5.3M without being given assets to take him off a team's hand. Horny was red hot to start the season, his first 15 games were fantastic but the 27 after were mediocre at best. Only 5 PP in his last 27 games is really telling. It was a cap dump for cap dump trade that gave us great hope at the start of the season. Maybe he'll turn it back on in the playoffs, who knows. Forsling, Duclair, and Vatrano are all going to be protected.

Sure, and then the price might be higher or he might sign with someone else. Maybe that's a risk they are willing to take, but that's a weird gamble to make to get an expensive 3rd liner or 7th dman.

Reactions: letsgrowcactus

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
They'd be nuts to take a 3rd liner making 5.3M without being given assets to take him off a team's hand. Horny was red hot to start the season, his first 15 games were fantastic but the 27 after were mediocre at best. Only 5 PP in his last 27 games is really telling. It was a cap dump for cap dump trade that gave us great hope at the start of the season. Maybe he'll turn it back on in the playoffs, who knows. Forsling, Duclair, and Vatrano are all going to be protected.

Sure, and then the price might be higher or he might sign with someone else. Maybe that's a risk they are willing to take, but that's a weird gamble to make to get an expensive 3rd liner or 7th dman.

It's kinda iffy. Even tho he gets 3rd line minutes, he's still on pace for 60pts were this a normal season. Zito has managed to accrue a good haul of value contracts so they can live with Horny's contract.

FinlandPanther

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
He isn't good with the puck, doesn't pass well, isn't overly fast. Gives the puck away a bunch. He just isn't very good

People just like him because he's physical, just like Guddy
Idk I’d disagree. I don’t think Gudas is some dangler but the first 30ish games he was holding on to the puck and making the right play every time. Tonight he wasn’t good though in any aspect I could agree

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->