2021 Scoreboard/Standings/Playoff Talk (Central Division thread)

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Hawks are taking it to the Bolts.

Annnnd 23 seconds is all it takes for TB to get it to 3-2, damn they are hard to contain for the whole period.
CHI isn't going to be an easy out either, they're doing this with a torn apart roster right now.
Wondering if Toews is rethinking his decision and may come back, never heard what it was though?

EDIT - :laugh: TB just keeps coming offensively...Hedman with the tying goal

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
Annnnd 23 seconds is all it takes for TB to get it to 3-2, damn they are hard to contain for the whole period.
CHI isn't going to be an easy out either, they're doing this with a torn apart roster right now.
Wondering if Toews is rethinking his decision and may come back, never heard what it was though?

EDIT - :laugh: TB just keeps coming offensively...Hedman with the tying goal

I don't know if I prefer them winning or losing lol

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I don't know if I prefer them winning or losing lol

At this point, neither of FLA. CAR or CHI are going to stop them.

Of the current 3 other playoffs teams, it's clearly hope for a CHI 1st round which only happens if we and them finish 2nd and 3rd.
Then CAR which seems most likely so I'm more confident we can beat them in 7 games than years prior.
Facing TB 1st round would be cool to see but damn it'd be hard to win that one with average-ish defense.

Reactions: gizmo12688

Pigge

Feb 28, 2002
Not the best idea by Connor Murphy to take a match penalty for a headshot on Cernak. Hopefully he'll be suspended when we play them.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Not the best idea by Connor Murphy to take a match penalty for a headshot on Cernak. Hopefully he'll be suspended when we play them.
Doubtful, that was a horrendous call. Didnt leave hus feet, textbook. Keep your head up Cernak.

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
My preference is to play them in the Central division finals (where we would more than likely lose by a not so small margin) but it would be fun to have that series and a win in round 1

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
I just don't think the Panthers have any serious chance to win a playoff series unless we get a really, really good draw in the first round.

We give up way too many juicy chances and our goaltending is way too inconsistent. I think that's fine in these sloppy regular season games, but the second the intensity ratchets up there is going to be a reckoning for these guys.

It's weird, because the effort is obviously there, I just don't think they're talented enough outside of the obvious stars.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
I just don't think the Panthers have any serious chance to win a playoff series unless we get a really, really good draw in the first round.

We give up way too many juicy chances and our goaltending is way too inconsistent. I think that's fine in these sloppy regular season games, but the second the intensity ratchets up there is going to be a reckoning for these guys.

It's weird, because the effort is obviously there, I just don't think they're talented enough outside of the obvious stars.
This year we’re really just trying to make the playoffs in a legit way. Z is not done...

Reactions: Ghoste

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
Nashville helping us out, but I really feel its not Dallas' year

I don't think Dallas is that bad. I'm a believer that point differential is actually a good indicator of overall team performance. They've only played 19 games, I think they'll come back and surprise some people.

Likewise, I think the Panthers are going to deflate a bit.

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
Nashville helping us out, but I really feel its not Dallas' year
All the teams with major Covid outbreaks have been a disaster. Rather it's a combination of fatigue from the illness or from the heavily condensed schedule they're having a real hard time.

Doesn't even get into missing Seguin and Bishop

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
I don't think Dallas is that bad. I'm a believer that point differential is actually a good indicator of overall team performance. They've only played 19 games, I think they'll come back and surprise some people.

Likewise, I think the Panthers are going to deflate a bit.
Yeah, I wouldn’t be surprised if it became a nail biter at the end, who gets in to play Tampa.

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
Preds collapse to give Dallas 1 but take the shootout

Stars and Blackhawks on deck for 2 this week in a big matchup

Pigge

Feb 28, 2002
Doubtful, that was a horrendous call. Didnt leave hus feet, textbook. Keep your head up Cernak.
It's not the 90s though, so the main questions are if it is considered blindside and if he made contact with Cernak's head. The camera angles are not perfect, so the player safety guys can go either way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad