2021 Scoreboard/Standings/Playoff Talk (Central Division thread)

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
Tampa edged one out against Columbus in OT. Carried play but horrible game from Vasi kept Columbus in it. They’re now 1 back of us with 1 in hand and they will hold the tiebreaker. We need a lot of wins down the stretch for home ice.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Tampa edged one out against Columbus in OT. Carried play but horrible game from Vasi kept Columbus in it. They’re now 1 back of us with 1 in hand and they will hold the tiebreaker. We need a lot of wins down the stretch for home ice.

Their 2 games in hand (after the game tomorrow) will be Dallas May 5th and 7th.

That means May 8th we got em on a b2b at home after 5 days off.

Zero excuse not to take that game at least

Last edited:

Great8Cam

Nov 2, 2008
They have opened the purchasing of playoff strips. I have 2 seats in club level and they are requiring me to buy 4 seats if I want to keep my original seats. Or, I can sit somewhere else.
The real kicker is that the seats are $440 per seat for the 1st round and you automatically agree to purchase each subsequent round of playoffs. The last time they were in the playoffs I paid no more than $200 per seat for the first round.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
They have opened the purchasing of playoff strips. I have 2 seats in club level and they are requiring me to buy 4 seats if I want to keep my original seats. Or, I can sit somewhere else.
The real kicker is that the seats are $440 per seat for the 1st round and you automatically agree to purchase each subsequent round of playoffs. The last time they were in the playoffs I paid no more than $200 per seat for the first round.
Ouch: guessing that the limited supply is part of the reason. Bit surprised on the 4 seats though.

Reactions: Cold Cat

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017

The four seat requirement means I probably won't be going. Sad.

PSLguy

#TimeToHunt
Jan 14, 2013
Port St. Lucie, FL
Is it the same as last year where you only have to pay by round?

Great8Cam

Nov 2, 2008
It’s pay to play and you can always buy 2 seats in another section. But you are on the hook when they advance to the subsequent rounds. I’m not doing it. My living room is very comfortable to watch the games at that price.

Reactions: Cold Cat

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
In a normal year I would be making the trip down to Florida or the visiting team. Obviously right now the border is not open so I have no choice but to watch for my living room.

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
NSH with the OT win over DAL, with a 3 point lead now with 1 game more played. Looks like we should see a NSH-CAR matchup.

What do you guys think about how this could turn out? I believe NSH is a nasty opponent, especially in the POs. Not an easy matchup for CAR - although DAL would not be an easy series either.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
NSH with the OT win over DAL, with a 3 point lead now with 1 game more played. Looks like we should see a NSH-CAR matchup.

What do you guys think about how this could turn out? I believe NSH is a nasty opponent, especially in the POs. Not an easy matchup for CAR - although DAL would not be an easy series either.

If NSH tries to bully their way into wins then I'd pick NSH to win that series. If they try to outplay the Canes in the skills department then I think the Canes will win.

Dallas is cripled, I'd throw in the towel if I was Nill. imo a healthy DAL group is a handful tho: Seguin and Hintz ppg centers, above average top6, a top5 d-core, two good goalies, plays gritty and skilled game.

PSLguy

#TimeToHunt
Jan 14, 2013
Port St. Lucie, FL

It'll all fall on Nashville's goaltending. Saros has arguably been the best goalie in the NHL the past months. If he continues to play that way he could steal the series, much like CBJ Bob did a few years ago against Tampa.

Pigge

Feb 28, 2002

The Predators will finish the season with two games against Carolina, so it could be similar to Florida-Tampa with 6-9 games in a row against each other. The difference is that Nashville will probably have to get some points in Carolina, and that would set up a more interesting playoff series than the Hurricanes may wish for. However, so far this season Nashville is 0-5-1 against Carolina and even if the Predators have tightened up a bit lately, the Hurricanes have not slowed down yet. So I think the door is still very much open for Dallas.

The Stars' game against the Panthers will be huge for them. If they get two points in that game, they may only need six of eight points against Tampa and Chicago.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
The Predators will finish the season with two games against Carolina, so it could be similar to Florida-Tampa with 6-9 games in a row against each other. The difference is that Nashville will probably have to get some points in Carolina, and that would set up a more interesting playoff series than the Hurricanes may wish for. However, so far this season Nashville is 0-5-1 against Carolina and even if the Predators have tightened up a bit lately, the Hurricanes have not slowed down yet. So I think the door is still very much open for Dallas.

The Stars' game against the Panthers will be huge for them. If they get two points in that game, they may only need six of eight points against Tampa and Chicago.

Preds face the worst team in the league the past month twice and those games vs Carolina are meaningless to the Canes. I think Dallas is better but it's pretty much done.

Pigge

Feb 28, 2002
Preds face the worst team in the league the past month twice and those games vs Carolina are meaningless to the Canes. I think Dallas is better but it's pretty much done.
It's not unlikely that Carolina will need a couple points there to secure the #1.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad