WC: 2021 Russia Roster Talk

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
and btw why are SR and Kamenev on the team (besides the obvious being on ska roster) beats me. Both had a bad season and bad play offs.
At least Karnaukhov is a pk guy, and Timkin can be physical which is needed.

i guess kamenev made it becuse he was in nhl last season.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
and btw why are SR and Kamenev on the team (besides the obvious being on ska roster) beats me. Both had a bad season and bad play offs.
At least Karnaukhov is a pk guy, and Timkin can be physical which is needed.

Actually ShvetsRogovoy-Kamenev-Timkin line was probably the only line that clicked at the last Eurotour stage.

Meanwhile, the first official tournament roster:

Reactions: lindgren

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
Lines on the first ice practice in Riga.

Samonov, Bocharov

Zub - Zadorov
Gavrikov - Provorov
Ozhiganov - Dronov
Rafikov - Marchenko

Barabanov - Shalunov - Okulov
Slepyshev - Karnaukhov - Grigorenko
Galimov - Morozov - Burdasov
Shvets-Rogovoy - Kamenev - Voronkov

Reserve:
Fedotov

Tolchinsky, Safonov, Timkin, Kuzmenko, Podkolzin.

Great post. Thanks for taking the time to do this.

Khokhlach86

Jul 8, 2012
Moscow
Lines on the first ice practice in Riga.

Samonov, Bocharov

Zub - Zadorov
Gavrikov - Provorov
Ozhiganov - Dronov
Rafikov - Marchenko

Barabanov - Shalunov - Okulov
Slepyshev - Karnaukhov - Grigorenko
Galimov - Morozov - Burdasov
Shvets-Rogovoy - Kamenev - Voronkov

Reserve:
Fedotov

Tolchinsky, Safonov, Timkin, Kuzmenko, Podkolzin.

same lines today, but Rafikov now in 3rd pair, Dronov in 4th pair.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
and btw why are SR and Kamenev on the team (besides the obvious being on ska roster) beats me.
Kamenev led SKA forwards in TOI in the playoffs. I wouldn't call it bad, out of all SKA forwards he was the one most likely to make it as long as Bragin is the coach. As he is the most played forward on his own team.

i guess kamenev made it becuse he was in nhl last season.

Yeah no. One could argue he was in the NHL last season for the same reason he is on this roster though.

I'm actually really excited to see him, he is definitely one of Russia's best centers of that generation, too bad injuries troubled him so badly. But maybe he can still make up the lost ground.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
Kamenev led SKA forwards in TOI in the playoffs. I wouldn't call it bad, out of all SKA forwards he was the one most likely to make it as long as Bragin is the coach. As he is the most played forward on his own team.

Yeah no. One could argue he was in the NHL last season for the same reason he is on this roster though.

I'm actually really excited to see him, he is definitely one of Russia's best centers of that generation, too bad injuries troubled him so badly. But maybe he can still make up the lost ground.

The guy has always had hype around him, I never actually seen him play consistently well especially to the hype's expectations.
Playoffs101234-3
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
above are his play off stats - this is pathetic, sorry, especially given PT

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I mean Marchenko had 4 points in 12 games, Vey 5 in 15, Kuzmenko 6 in 16. It was a tough PO for SKA, no question about it but some guys played well regardless.

Reactions: Flynn84

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
If the reports are correct, the 4 remaining roster spots are for Nesterov, Orlov, Tarasenko and Samsonov.

Heh, I'd prefer Gusev and Kaprizov instead of Orlov and Nesterov. We already have very good top4 defensemen, and our forwards aren't as good.

Of course, Kaprizov and Gusev don't have signed contracts for the next season, which could make them refusing to come.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Heh, I'd prefer Gusev and Kaprizov instead of Orlov and Nesterov. We already have very good top4 defensemen, and our forwards aren't as good.

Of course, Kaprizov and Gusev don't have signed contracts for the next season, which could make them refusing to come.

Reports are there that Kaprizov doesn't have a visa, so that would take some time. Not to mention that due to 6 days of quarantine/testing delay upon the arrival you just take those, who just can arrive faster.

Puck Dogg

Puck life
Mar 13, 2006
Samsonov, Orlov and Tarasenko agreed to play at the World Championship.
Ovechkin declined (injury)

I was watching the USA-Kazakhstan game today and they said that there's quarantine in place for six days. I wonder if the info is correct or does Tarasenko play already tomorrow against Denmark?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad