Roster Moves: 2021 Roster Thread XXV: Extended Qualifying Offers to Bunnaman, Hart, Kase, Sanheim; Morin re-signed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Yet it's such a glaringly obvious thing to do. He's so stinking good in that zone and if allowed, I believe he could help with the slop-assed entries too.

Letting Provorov skate with the puck and lead rushes would also help, but AV isn't big on compromising his vision of ideal hockey to do something silly like make use of his players' strengths

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
upload_2021-8-3_13-29-42.png

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Its impossible to know what an agent and the GM are talking about regarding contracts, so we shouldnt jump to conclusions.

We do know, definitively, though, that Chris Stewart wasnt brought in and given a contract to be a regular, despite being used that way out of the gate. We can absolutely draw that conclusion.

Honestly, I don't get how you play both sides of the coin whenever the feeling suits. What a life to live.

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
Sanheim’s not that good ya know.

He’s only tied for 10th among all defenseman in 5v5 points (among defenseman with 3500+TOI at 5v5) from 2018-2021. 9th during that same timeframe in 5v5 point/60. He’s the Flyers best generator of offense from the backend at 5v5.

He’s a very valuable asset.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

He’s only tied for 10th among all defenseman in 5v5 points (among defenseman with 3500+TOI at 5v5) from 2018-2021. 9th during that same timeframe in 5v5 point/60. He’s the Flyers best generator of offense from the backend at 5v5.

Need savings for Ristolainen’s long term extension.

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010

Hopefully the return will be nice then.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Nurse is not a comparable for Sanheim the past three seasons.

110 P (88 ES) in 209 games at 24:11.

75 P (66 ES) in 210 games at 20:23

Reactions: Juicy Pop

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Its impossible to know what an agent and the GM are talking about regarding contracts, so we shouldnt jump to conclusions.

We do know, definitively, though, that Chris Stewart wasnt brought in and given a contract to be a regular, despite being used that way out of the gate. We can absolutely draw that conclusion.

Honestly, I don't get how you play both sides of the coin whenever the feeling suits. What a life to live.

How do you not understand how and why he does what he does still? How many more years of this? :laugh:

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Can any of the league really use anything Edmonton does as an actual benchmark for value? Whenever EDM does a thing, that should be a Jeremy Clarkson "well, anyway" meme moment as we all move on.

If Sanheim comes in hot pointing at stuff Edmonton does, a solid rebuttal is "yeah but that's Edmonton, not the real world."

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Morrissey is a much better comparable than Nurse. His first post ELC deal was 2 x $3.15m. When he signed his second deal for 8 x $6.25m, his previous three seasons were:

77 P (63 ES) in 222 games at 20:37.

Since then, Buff and Trouba left so he's played more and scored more.

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
I know the cool thing to do is dump on Risto but I am willing to wait . Dahlin was a fantastic D man in my eye and has way under preformed in that SHIT Buffalo situation . Hopefully in a different situation he can become what we hope he will be .

My biggest disappointment this off season was not taking that extra money we dumped on Yandle and Thompson and added it to what we gave Jones and got a much higher caliber goalie .

Reactions: LorneMalvo

ponder719

Haute Couturier
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I know the cool thing to do is dump on Risto but I am willing to wait . Dahlin was a fantastic D man in my eye and has way under preformed in that SHIT Buffalo situation . Hopefully in a different situation he can become what we hope he will be .

My biggest disappointment this off season was not taking that extra money we dumped on Yandle and Thompson and added it to what we gave Jones and got a much higher caliber goalie .

To be fair, those roster slots would have to be filled by someone, and the difference between Yandle/Thompson and two JAGs is $200,000 (Yandle's making $150K over minimum, Thompson's making $50K over minimum), so we'd have been able to offer $2.2M instead of $2M for a goalie. That's just shy of Reimer's AAV, literally 1 goalie up the list from Jones. The issue with Jones is player evaluation, more than anything else; there wasn't much more Chuckles could do from a cap perspective.

Reactions: wasup

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013

If you don't get Yandle and Thompson and replace them on the roster with young players like York and Rubtsov, you don't have any extra money for a goalie.

Reactions: Beef Invictus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad