Roster Moves: 2021 Roster Thread XXV: Extended Qualifying Offers to Bunnaman, Hart, Kase, Sanheim; Morin re-signed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I feel like the best 5v5 offensive zone passer on the defense would also be the best PP offensive zone passer, especially given pre-NHL history, but I admit we don’t have a real sample, nor should the team ever provide itself with a sample. That’s just logic and good asset management. Keep on keeping on, Flyers! #anytimeanywherebutPP

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Thompson and Yandle are on minimum contracts. Their money would not have had an impact on a goalie contract.

Ristolainen also doesn’t get the wait and see treatment considering the price. He has to be good from the jump.

Yeah just being meh isn’t going to cut it & he has got a long way to go just to get there let alone doing the full 180.

Obviously the asset investment is already there & the sizable contract could be on the way. But the Flyers absolutely cannot afford another player towards the top of the lineup who doesn’t supply enough value for the ice time/usage they get. We already got multiple players that do that as is.

Oct 26, 2018
somewhere
www.facebook.com
Whatever happen this year. My bet is that Giroux is a goner.

Need that 8millions to pay Couturier, Farabee, Some guys in bottom 6, and Sanheim.

Unless they trade Koneckny or another high paid winger? Could be both with Giroux?

The next destination of some players will depends on their performance this year, nevertheless

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
Please do a deal with Sanheim before Nurse pulls in 9M...
Oilers and Nurse Move From 4-Yr to 8-Yr Contract Extension, Deal Close
It looks like that train has left the station. $8X9 is nonsense but probably what Nurse is getting. Jones deal its even sillier. Hamilton is in the $9M per range and he was the third best defenseman on his team. If I was Sanheim I'd be looking for some serious cash. He'll get it somewhere. Calgary was rumored to want him. Hanifin for Sanheim?
MTWR, $8 isn't going to cut it for Couts. Punch it up a million. He's been a bargain for the club for years and never has complained. I'd venture that the reason for that is he was promised his coins in the new deal. If anyone is going to have to swallow hard on the extension it'll be Giroux.

Reactions: LorneMalvo

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

Need that 8millions to pay Couturier, Farabee, Some guys in bottom 6, and Sanheim.

Unless they trade Koneckny or another high paid winger? Could be both with Giroux?

The next destination of some players will depends on their performance this year, nevertheless

I can’t really see Giroux going & Couturier staying. Couturier has only played on teams that have won a total of two playoff rounds in separate in playoffs since he’s been here. He may have even more reason to leave than Giroux if he has no faith in this team going forward.

It might be a both stay or both go type of scenarios.

Reactions: Math the wild rose

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
It looks like that train has left the station. $8X9 is nonsense but probably what Nurse is getting. Jones deal its even sillier. Hamilton is in the $9M per range and he was the third best defenseman on his team. If I was Sanheim I'd be looking for some serious cash. He'll get it somewhere. Calgary was rumored to want him. Hanifin for Sanheim?
MTWR, $8 isn't going to cut it for Couts. Punch it up a million. He's been a bargain for the club for years and never has complained. I'd venture that the reason for that is he was promised his coins in the new deal. If anyone is going to have to swallow hard on the extension it'll be Giroux.

I will buy Slavin > Hamilton but i'm not buying Pesce over him.

WolfOfBroadStreet14

Aug 15, 2020
Sign me up for Hanifin for Sanheim

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Only in hockey is the 4th place Norris getter the 2nd or 3rd best defensemen on his own team. :laugh:

Slavin is a helluva top pair caliber defensive defenseman, and there was absolutely symbiosis going on, but I think this narrative needs to be taken behind the woodshed. Slavin benefited from Hamilton no less than the other way around. Statistically, it could be construed as a lot more, but I wouldn’t go that far. They had a good thing, and everyone loses with Douglas going to the Devils.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Giroux isn't get $8m on his next deal. 3 x $5m would be my prediction. 8 x $8m for Couturier.

JVR being moved, possibly with retention, is another option that may look at to make room for Farabee's extension.

Yeah I think they'll come pretty close to swapping cap hits. They make $12.58 combined right now and $5 for Giroux and $8-8.5 for Couturier would put them in the $13 - $13.5 range.

Reactions: captainpaxil

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada

if Roo goes, Cooter will follow..

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Only in hockey is the 4th place Norris getter the 2nd or 3rd best defender on his own team. :laugh:

Slavin is a helluva player, and there was absolutely symbiosis going on, but I think this narrative needs to be taken behind the woodshed. Slavin benefited from Hamilton no less than the other way around. Statistically, it could be construed as a lot more, but I wouldn’t go that far.

Let's not pretend that is a true indicator of a players worth either lol

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
thats what happens with arbitration. Team will point out all his flaws and get a cheap deal. It’s a ugly process which is why many deals get worked out before
But we got some funny stories, too.

The Brendan Morrison story is probably the best. Brian Burke always seems to have the best stories.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Ya you guys are right , my head was up my ass . again

iu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad