2021 Roster Thread XVII - Targeting "Someone Else"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
I'm pretty shocked that some people around here are afraid of change.

This team has straight up sucked for a decade. If Fletcher shuffles the deck and makes hockey trades and so forth, I'm all in. This on ice product isn't working.

Frankly though I'm still really bothered that Lappy is a head coach, wtf.

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
I don’t think anything here is earth shattering. For a litany of different reasons, fletcher feels he needs to improve his roster. My only question really comes down to what would be definable as a “large shake up”.

I'd imagine it would mean 2 roster players going (Ghost/Voracek) or something like that.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008

This team has straight up sucked for a decade. If Fletcher shuffles the deck and makes hockey trades and so forth, I'm all in. This on ice product isn't working.

I don't think anyone is afraid of change - we constantly talk about needing it.

I think we're just afraid of the guy driving the car, if you know what I'm saying.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The people who follow him, as I am one who does, knows he’s good for what he hears. But he’s not an anonymous shit disturbing insider desiring internet message board attention. Believe him or don’t, he’ll tell you himself not to take his word on it.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
how much credibility does this guy have?
Beats me, but to anyone paying attention it should be obvious that management is not happy with the makeup of this team & has been actively trying to change it since taking over.

They added Hayes & Niskanen in their first offseason, which helped, & tried hard to do more before & during last season but were stymied by all of the extenuating circumstances (Covid, flat cap, short season, looming ED, & teams’ resulting inflexibility).

Now, with a full off-season, having spoken with teams for a year, the ED going to be over, & teams knowing better where they stand, you can guarantee the Flyers are going to make significant changes. Hell, Friedman, LeBrun, & other “insiders” have indicated multiple times how active the Flyers will be.

I don’t know what the hell Hextall thought he was assembling in his 5.5 years, but the result was a roster that isn’t fast or highly skilled, & isn’t good defensively, big, or physical, either.

Reactions: LorneMalvo

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
The people who follow him, as I am one who does, knows he’s good for what he hears. But he’s not an anonymous shit disturbing insider desiring internet message board attention. Believe him or don’t, he’ll tell you himself not to take his word on it.
Fair, I don't know the guy but will always be of the opinion that if you aren't actually willing to put something out there then it's better to put nothing out there.

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
He’s being forced into action because he knows his ass is on the line if they miss again next season.

Will be interesting to see what he does.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
You can guarantee that the Flyers are going to get bent over.

Yea I think so too. You just have to hope we go after Eichel to at least get the best player and an elite one.

Not so much afraid of change, just afraid of who is changing it. I’ve given up on these guys learning from mistakes. It’s the same shit forever.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

This. I couldnt care less what happens lol

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
Given the level of apathy this regime has lead me to, be it via display on the ice, identity (lack or quality thereof), or even approach to accountability on an organizational level, there are hardly any kind of moves that would damage my current feelings towards the team or my fandom itself. As far as I am concerned, they better change something, anything up.

I'm absolutely in for the change of status quo because this product is more than unacceptable. At the same time, I'm absolutely NOT confident in the bus driver. But he's (they're) already in the position where he can only surprise me. And any Flyers player involved is highly likely in for a positive change so there's that. So that's at least one party who will be happy afterwards, my feelings be damned.

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
Beats me, but to anyone paying attention it should be obvious that management is not happy with the makeup of this team & has been actively trying to change it since taking over.

They added Hayes & Niskanen in their first offseason, which helped, & tried hard to do more before & during last season but were stymied by all of the extenuating circumstances (Covid, flat cap, short season, looming ED, & teams’ resulting inflexibility).

Now, with a full off-season, having spoken with teams for a year, the ED going to be over, & teams knowing better where they stand, you can guarantee the Flyers are going to make significant changes. Hell, Friedman, LeBrun, & other “insiders” have indicated multiple times how active the Flyers will be.

I don’t know what the hell Hextall thought he was assembling in his 5.5 years, but the result was a roster that isn’t fast or highly skilled, & isn’t good defensively, big, or physical, either.

can only hope that Hexy repeats himself in Pitt and gives them a nice shitty, sterile on ice product.

FlyerNutter

Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
Id just say this though. Time will tell, but how many of these rumors to believe that the Flyers are “in” on everyone is something I question.

The only time for many years now we have any leaks is when it is beneficial to the organization to do so.

Smearing Hextall on his way out, stories about how Patrick is shit when they appear to have him primed and loaded in the chamber. Bill constantly throwing out Myers and Konecny as the expendables. O’Connor mentioning player rifts with Gordon now that Lappy has replaced him.

It greatly benefits the organization, which has shown its clearly aware of fan perception and growing apathy - to try ensure they get their fanbase excited.

Shall see what happens, or we get more of “but I tried really hard” - out of Fletcher.

Last edited:

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
What do you want someone to say?

He's just stating what he's heard.

Give a name? Anything? Why didn't it happen last year? They wanted too much?

"Potentially a much bigger shake up than we realize" What's that even mean? If you aren't willing to give anymore info than that then keep it to yourself.

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
This. I couldnt care less what happens lol

Yeah I don't get why anyone cares at this point. It's been about impossible to muster up any excitement for years.

Hakstol needed to go years ago but other players should of went with him. This team spends too much money on scouting/coaching for it to continually just be stuck in mediocrity.

Reactions: Rebels57

FlyerNutter

Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg

"Potentially a much bigger shake up than we realize" What's that even mean? If you aren't willing to give anymore info than that then keep it to yourself.

Nothing but an attention whore. Saying nothing but knowing there will be people who take note.

It works sadly, look at us here haha.

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013

Probably because he doesn't want to leak any info that he might have? Most clubs don't appreciate that.

If you're trying to make deals you don't want other clubs to know what you're offering and for who.

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
Probably because he doesn't want to leak any info that he might have? Most clubs don't appreciate that.

If you're trying to make deals you don't want other clubs to know what you're offering and for who.
If that's the case then don't write the tweet. It's possible to keep things to yourself. Obviously he's free to do what he wants but I just get irritated by "I can't say what but something big is coming" social media posts

Reactions: BernieParent

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania

You say that as if they weren’t rebuilding for most of the past decade. The fact that they’ve sucked doesn’t mean drastic changes are necessary.

There’s already been lots of turnover in recent years. The team looks nothing like it did 5 years ago, let alone 10. And with Chuck in charge, big changes are only going to make things worse. Just look at who were likely losing in the ED as a perfect example. Losing one of JVR, Jake, or Ghost makes us significantly worse, let alone multiple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad