2021 Roster Thread XVII - Targeting "Someone Else"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Honestly, I just want a notable name. Preferably someone who was drafted high.

Not too worried about quality of play... I just want quantity.

Reactions: Rebels57

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Since it was the end of the thread Friedman also mentioned Ghost in connection with New Jersey. Said the flyers would have to add a sweetener to make it happen.

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
@Prongo

Friedman in 31 thoughts write up also said Jersey and Ghost (flyers adding a sweetener).

I don’t mean this in a sarcastic way but are 30 GMs dumb for not wanting ghost or does the hockey analytical fans overvalue the the stats?

Adding a sweetener seems a tad insane. He's on a reasonable contract expiring in two years with commensurate production, especially now that he's healthy.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Since it was the end of the thread Friedman also mentioned Ghost in connection with New Jersey. Said the flyers would have to add a sweetener to make it happen.
The tidbit that caught my eye was his mention that he “wouldn’t be surprised” if the Flyers inquired about Victor Soderstrom & that they really liked him in the 2019 draft.

I loved Soderstrom in the 2019 draft. Had never heard about the Flyers’ interest until now.

Reactions: captainpaxil

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

Paying a divisional team to make them better would be peak Flyers incompetence. I don't think it would be possible to make it any more clear that the team's management is its biggest rival.

I fully expect Chuck to do some desperate shit this summer that keeps that team ultimately in neutral while pissing away assets & cap space.

Just a slower Holmgrenning.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Paying a divisional team to make them better would be peak Flyers incompetence. I don't think it would be possible to make it any more clear that the team's management is its biggest rival.

Just a slower Holmgrenning.
I believe it’s a fair question do hockey fans overvalue the analytics they have currently or are 30 GMs dumb around the league? Can’t say both!

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
If I may add to the migraine discussion from the previous thread:

Starat327 said:
I want to preface this by saying that im not a doctor or neuro, just someone whose dealt with this condition. So what im relaying here is just what ive been told/my understanding, nothing more, nothing less.

Most treatments are purely reactionary, in which case, a lot of times theyre too late for any type of severe migraines. Triptans, for example, cut pain sensors (i think) to basically make the pain go away, but they dont do much for auras/hemipalegic or oculars. They also dont work necessarily for any accompanying nausea, etc.

Preventative medicine is a total crapshoot. Its all about understanding what triggers your migraines, and that changes from person to person. Some people, its bright lights. Others, its the smell of a certain chemical compound. There have been successful treatments using some anti-depressants or blood pressure regulators that help, as well. But the reason that migraines are such a terrible condition is because there really isnt a one size fits all solution. Have a headache? Take Tylenol. Broke your arm? Put it in a cast. Have a Migraine? Well, shit. First you have to identify what caused it, then you can build a treatment plan. But your next migraine could be caused by something completely different. Nevermind the fact that once you've got a severe one, its probably too late.

A lot of drugs are approved as migraine prevention, including treatments for high blood pressure, antiepileptics, and antidepressants. There is a pretty new class of drugs that inhibit something called calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP) as part of the migraine cascade. Four such agents have been approved -- Emgality, Ajovy, Vyepti, and Aimovig -- and their efficacy is pretty good without serious side effects.
A separate class of CGRP inhibitors, called gepants, are on the verge of being approved. Another approved medication to prevent migraines is Botox. Not just for getting rid of wrinkles!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad