2021 Roster Thread XVI - Where thoughts are both sweet and sour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
Correct. There are a lot of trials being run constantly, mostly because it's still kind of a medical phenomenon. It affects everyone differently and on different triggers, so its nigh impossible to have a one size fits all solution.

I was never truly able to identify my triggers. I just made lifestyle changes until I found myself in a spot where I wasn't getting them as frequently, or as severely. I used to work with a girl whose triggers were apparently gluten and she had to cut it from her diet. Claims she hasn't had one since she went away from it. Could have just been an adverse symptom of celiac too, I guess? Also possible she was completely bullshitting.

Oddly enough quite a few people can think you're bullshitting them by using a "chronic migrane/cluster headache" as an excuse to take significant time off work.

I rarely ever have headaches besides after a good night of drinking so I couldn't imagine getting them.

Seems pretty common place for people who get migranes/cluster headaches to sit in the shower for a significant time. Apparently it alleviates the pain significantly. I know of a few instances of people falling asleep sitting in the shower.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Dougie isn’t coming here, they will overpay for Jones and he will be vastly underwhelming, same shit different year rinse. repeat

They haven't traded for a player who will cost as much as Jones in a really long time, so if they do get him it will actually be quite a new experience.

Reactions: Tripod

Jettany

Feb 21, 2018
Correct. There are a lot of trials being run constantly, mostly because it's still kind of a medical phenomenon. It affects everyone differently and on different triggers, so its nigh impossible to have a one size fits all solution.

I was never truly able to identify my triggers. I just made lifestyle changes until I found myself in a spot where I wasn't getting them as frequently, or as severely. I used to work with a girl whose triggers were apparently gluten and she had to cut it from her diet. Claims she hasn't had one since she went away from it. Could have just been an adverse symptom of celiac too, I guess? Also possible she was completely bullshitting.

My daughter did the same thing. She has cut out certain foods. Gluten etc. That along with staying hydrated and sleeping well (not getting run down). Has helped a lot. But they still hit on some occasions. Always makes me feel really bad/helpless. But definitely in a better place with them.

Reactions: Starat327

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Oddly enough quite a few people can think you're bullshitting them by using a "chronic migrane/cluster headache" as an excuse to take significant time off work.

I rarely ever have headaches besides after a good night of drinking so I couldn't imagine getting them.

Seems pretty common place for people who get migranes/cluster headaches to sit in the shower for a significant time. Apparently it alleviates the pain significantly. I know of a few instances of people falling asleep sitting in the shower.

Yup, its become a catchall because of its inability to really 'prove'. It's the adult version of 'my grandma died, so i couldnt do my homework', basically.

Showers can help, and ive heard of people having success with both hot and cold. I keep a neck wrap in the freezer at all times, and when i get one i generally use that and it helps. im not sure if im just numbing myself at my more sensitive nerves or of it has a medical effect (cold temperatures restricting blood vessels, thus naturally cutting off blood flow, similar to what medications do. Maybe its both - either way, it seems to work for me.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
We are going to go after Hamilton right?
No leaks have been put out yet but there are people suggesting we will. One would have to assume they would. But you never know with this management.

I believe the Flyers were in on Pietrangelo last year but can’t prove that. There was a third team that was mentioned on the east coast before he signed with Vegas. Would have made sense if it was us. Makes me believe they will try for Hamilton. Or I’m just trying to find ways to convince myself that.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I don't think Fletcher will do anything until after the ED.
It's just too complicated otherwise, give up a top young player in the ED because you added one, trade assets to get that player and give a big contract?

After the ED, he knows who he lost, what his cap situation is, and he'll have teams willing to buy and sell when they know their situation.
And FA doesn't start until after the ED.

Reactions: Benji007

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Pietrangelo got 7 × $8.8 and had a lot more of a pedigree than Hamilton. But then you factor in taxes and Piety having his heart set on Vegas. I think Hamilton would sign for say $8 with a team he really wants to play for and the Flyers would need to go up to $9 to get it done.

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
Yup, its become a catchall because of its inability to really 'prove'. It's the adult version of 'my grandma died, so i couldnt do my homework', basically.

Showers can help, and ive heard of people having success with both hot and cold. I keep a neck wrap in the freezer at all times, and when i get one i generally use that and it helps. im not sure if im just numbing myself at my more sensitive nerves or of it has a medical effect (cold temperatures restricting blood vessels, thus naturally cutting off blood flow, similar to what medications do. Maybe its both - either way, it seems to work for me.
Honestly, what really helped me, taking a shower and almost forcing myself to get sick. I would be feeling much better after and my migraine would almost fade within the hour. Haven’t had migraines in about 2 years maybe now, but that’s what helped me .

Reactions: Starat327

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Hamilton is also two years younger at the same stage.

Not only that Hamilton would be put right back into a position where he can the person driving the most offense from the back end. Pietro lost that when he went to Vegas with Theodore taking up the 1st PP slot and then even with Martinez taking up time as well there. Pietro is a minute eater, but he is not being used the same way as he was in St Louis.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Pietrangelo is a much better defenseman than Hamilton. Hamilton is good offensively and on the PP, but Pietrangelo is the best defenseman on his team in any situation.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Not sure how I feel about 9M per for Hamilton. Probably spells the end here for Sanhiem or Ghost but is there enough money to get another forward and a tandem goalie to go with Hart? Granted yes there are other moving pieces as well but I don’t know. I am not counting on Seattle taking a big contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad