2021 Roster Thread XVI - Where thoughts are both sweet and sour

Status
Not open for further replies.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Not sure how I feel about 9M per for Hamilton. Probably spells the end here for Sanhiem or Ghost but is there enough money to get another forward and a tandem goalie to go with Hart? Granted yes there are other moving pieces as well but I don’t know. I am not counting on Seattle taking a big contract

The thing about trading Ghost now is, are people dead set on giving him a next contract? That comes in 2 years. Defensemen of his ilk don't age well, and we're talking about a guy who has had issues with his knees. There is a case to move him and have it not because of a souring of his play.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Why would anyone trade for his rights ???

I thought Canes have given him permission to talk to other teams for free.

Provy Doug
York Sanheim
??? Myers

That has to be good no ?

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Pietrangelo was coming off his best season as a pro, but it's funny how he's had ONE season in his career with positive defensive impacts. I get he's 6'4 and looks the part, but he's always been an offensive leaning defenseman.

Another thing too is that anyone who trades for his rights are likely going to have to overpay to keep him from hitting the market.
How high are the Flyers or anyone else be willing to go

It sounds like the Canes aren't trading his rights. They're letting teams negotiate without any trade. And if they're trading him, it's with an 8 year contract. It's a unique bargaining approach. So, it would cost a lot more than a 5th round pick. But it might play to the Canes advantage if Hamilton doesn't see a better offer, or they can up theirs with more knowledge. Win-win.

Sanheim shouldn't be on the right. You don't bump your best D out of their better spot to accommodate lesser players.

I'd rather Sanheim played RD next to Provorov than some mediocre, defense first UFA. Provorov desperately needs an offensive leaning, play driving, playmaker next to him to make him his best self. Unfortunately, Travo isn't right handed. It's not ideal. And he gets similar usage at 5v5 anyway, so it's not really a bump up. But it's not not ideal?

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Having negative rel stats every single year is probably a sign that a player might not just be a victim of being on a bad team.

He was 8th in both CF% and xGF% among D on his own team this past year.

51669dbc515ffe002b7b33c7f9a65a66.png

But those hits. PITA to play against, says Billy.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
It's difficult to accurately assess how Risto would look away from the Sabres, but I'd rather another franchise perform that experiment.

I don’t necessarily disagree getting him out of Buffalo could potentially unlock more. My whole thing is what’s more? A passable/solid bottom pairing defender?

That’s not his caphit & that’s not what his usage is going to likely be either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad