2021 Roster Thread XIII (Off-season edition): Not for triskaidekaphobia but we have arrived

Status
Not open for further replies.

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
Did anybody say that they don't think he'll be better next year?

I think pretty much everyone expects him to bounce back somewhat - inevitable regression to the mean after an unsustainably bad season (hopefully), just like Hart - but it's fair to question how good he's been and can become, based on the flaws in his game and what he's shown so far.

Like another defensemen who will remain unnamed, the problem is people's wild misevaluations and ridiculous expectations, not the player themselves.
Clearly not every is on the same talent level as Joey Hicketts.

Kelmitchell2

Aug 30, 2020
Idk if it was posted here but I just read an article talking about a potential trade between us and Detroit. Just out of curiosity I'd love to hear everyone's reaction, I know how I feel about it but I wanna hear how you all feel about it. (Take it with a grain of salt obviously)

Phi- Nolan Patrick and our first this year

Det-Hronek (hopefully I spelled that right)

MorgantiDrinksBlood

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
Idk if it was posted here but I just read an article talking about a potential trade between us and Detroit. Just out of curiosity I'd love to hear everyone's reaction, I know how I feel about it but I wanna hear how you all feel about it. (Take it with a grain of salt obviously)

I wouldn't do it, and Idk if Detroit would either, we don't even know where our first is landing yet, most likely 10-15 though. Patrick essentially has negative value right now, I guess the only real option is giving him a full offseason and seeing what he does next year, I def don't have high hopes though he's shown next to nothing imo.

Reactions: Kelmitchell2

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014

I don't think he's what the Flyers will be looking to add on defense. He's an undersized offensive guy. There's not a need for him since the Flyers already have York, who also is better defensively. The fact that Hronek is RH doesn't trump the fact that he's otherwise not a fit.

Reactions: Kelmitchell2

Kelmitchell2

Aug 30, 2020
I don't think he's what the Flyers will be looking to add on defense. He's an undersized offensive guy. There's not a need for him since the Flyers already have York, who also is better defensively. The fact that Hronek is RH doesn't trump the fact that he's otherwise not a fit.
I agree, I don't mind the first and patrick being used to upgrade the position, I'd like to see what a package would look like to acquire seth Jones (pipe dream for me, I know)

Reactions: Ghosts Beer

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I agree, I don't mind the first and patrick being used to upgrade the position, I'd like to see what a package would look like to acquire seth Jones (pipe dream for me, I know)

Too much and it would be an egregious overpayment for a pedestrian defender. He doesn't do anything to actually fix the "defense" on the back end.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

HAHAHAHA

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Hronek is a defenseman who led his team in scoring while finishing 8th among Detroit defensemen (out of 8) in 5v5 points/60. That’s just impressive.

Now, some team has the luxury of giving him a 4-5 mil contract. He’s not bad. He’s probably not especially good either. He’s certainly the beneficiary of juicy usage on a shit team. 0% chance I’d trade that 1st for him, let alone adding another buy low piece. Also, um, expansion? Also also, how does this help stop goals?

Swic21

Jan 8, 2012
Canada
Ya pass on Johnny, go straight for Chucky. He’s that shit disturber, net crasher, entertainer we need. Oh ya, plus he’s a helluva hockey player.

Reactions: Tripod

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
Jake just led our team in ES pts and was 31st in the entire league. The last 2 years he is 25th in the league.

It's f***ing insane to think we should add a 1st and possibly a prospect to lose him for nothing. Just awful asset mg if that was done. And remember, this is someone the less informed look to for "educated" opinions.

the crazy part is that people like Charlie and bill think we live in fantasy land where we can essentially dump (and overpay) a point producer on our team to make way for top talent. Lmao

fletcher will use that money for players like savard and palmier smfh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad