Celtics/NBA 2021 Regular Season - Celtics extend their lease at TD Garden through the 2035-36 season

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Hopefully Teague can deliver. I was speaking about Thompson not starting the season at 100% because of his hamstring. While Kemba is out the team could use some help from both. Celtics schedule is tough early on, hard to come from behind. Go Celtics
Teague is more aligned to Walker than Thompson is to Walker.... same when Wanamaker was here before going to GS

Reactions: Maine Fan

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
NBA G-League update: contemplating Bubble but no official confirmation as to that league's plans yet or whether the Celtics will be a part of said bubble via Red Claws status;

Northern Arizona Suns will morph into the Motor City Cruise should we ever get to a true 2021-22 normal season.....

Phoenix apparently will never return to the owner model of operating an affiliation;

no word on who will replace Detroit as the affiliate of the Grand Rapids Drive as of August, 2020 according to the Detroit Free Press

Last edited:

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
Hopefully Teague can deliver. I was speaking about Thompson not starting the season at 100% because of his hamstring. While Kemba is out the team could use some help from both. Celtics schedule is tough early on, hard to come from behind. Go Celtics

Thanks for the info. I like the Celtics I always have. I am a fan but not knowledgeable about the NBA and its players. I watch the Celtics when they show a game on my NJ cable TV channels. I check scores on the internet. In the past two seasons, I have been more active as a fan following much more closely. So I appreciate your knowledge of the game and the Celtics. At 85, I don't have the memory to follow all players in the league. I am also a fan of the Bruins, the Patriots and I closely follow the NJ Devils.

Stay safe, mask and distance

Maine Fan

Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
So James Harden doesn't want to come to the Celtics. Like I care? We would have to give up too much to get him. Let the Nets, 76ers, Bucks, or Heat have him. We can win without him.

Reactions: HustleB

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
So James Harden doesn't want to come to the Celtics. Like I care? We would have to give up too much to get him. Let the Nets, 76ers, Bucks, or Heat have him. We can win without him.
I am a little worried that the Celtics have an image problem. No one ever really wants to come to Boston. The players basically run the NBA so it concerning.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I am a little worried that the Celtics have an image problem. No one ever really wants to come to Boston. The players basically run the NBA so it concerning.

its cold and the income tax is a killer vs teams like Miami and Dallas. Plus the fans will be mean to you if you underperform. Not much you can do about that

Reactions: McGarnagle

Maine Fan

Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ

I am not an NBA expert. I agree that the players run the NBA. No one wants to go to the NE Patriots before this year because of the rules of how you must live your life if you play for Belichick. I assume there is more structure with the Celtics than another team. Some players could not get along there like Irving. I have been a fan of the Celtics for years but a distance fan if they were winning I would follow them in the playoffs until they lost in the playoffs then I was done with the NBA. Now, past two years maube 3, I read about the Celtics, do forums, watch on TV those games that are in my area and that's it. I don't follow players from other teams. I don't watch other teams unless they are playing the Celtics. So you could be right to be worried, I don't know enough to discuss with you. I will however start paying more attention to see if that is true. You are probably onto something. Just as a sport fan, reason I posted about Harden, if you don't want to come to my team then I don't want you. Plus I like Marcus Smart and even more Brown he is a great person and a good player I don't want to lose them at all but I know it is a business but I don't want to lose them for someone that doesn't want to join my team. Thanks for the discussion. Stay safe please, mask and distancing.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Will be interesting if Vegas gets a team ever.

no state tax. Warm like 90% of the time. City is never closed(even during Covid)
unlikely Vegas will add a team now that the Knights and Raiders are now competing there not to mention UNLV likely has majority say over the arena (it's why Orleans is being utilized for the HSK until that arena is a go.

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
unlikely Vegas will add a team now that the Knights and Raiders are now competing there not to mention UNLV likely has majority say over the arena (it's why Orleans is being utilized for the HSK until that arena is a go.

lmao why would UNLV have any say over the hockey arena? Lmao unlv don’t even play there. It’s all hockey and shows.

lmao if u think they wouldn’t bring a team out here you’re crazy.

know how much $$$$$$ this city has lost due to Covid? If the nba asked right now if Vegas wanted a team the answer would be yes because it would create more jobs and more cash coming in once all this is done.

Reactions: HustleB

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
lmao why would UNLV have any say over the hockey arena? Lmao unlv don’t even play there. It’s all hockey and shows.

lmao if u think they wouldn’t bring a team out here you’re crazy.

know how much $$$$$$ this city has lost due to Covid? If the nba asked right now if Vegas wanted a team the answer would be yes because it would create more jobs and more cash coming in once all this is done.
what's the primary thing you need to have a team, ownership, and Foley certainly is not likely going to be in favor of sharing T-Mobile Arena with an NBA tenant, like you see at the TD Garden.... Pandemic or no pandemic, the NBA isn't expanding, and every league has seen teams forced to relocate as the Raptors are to Amalie Arena as this evolves, and has been evolving the last 9 months.

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
I feel this couldn’t be more wrong. The success of these two professional teams only makes the NBA more likely to move to Vegas. I think this will happen.

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
what's the primary thing you need to have a team, ownership, and Foley certainly is not likely going to be in favor of sharing T-Mobile Arena with an NBA tenant, like you see at the TD Garden.... Pandemic or no pandemic, the NBA isn't expanding, and every league has seen teams forced to relocate as the Raptors are to Amalie Arena as this evolves, and has been evolving the last 9 months.
Space does not seem to be an issue in Las Vegas that it would be in other cities. I am not certain the NHL and NBA would have to share an Arena in Vegas. For example there appears to be open space right near the Las Vegas motor speedway. I would imagine there is space at the other end of the strip. And in Vegas they are always rebuilding so it wouldn’t surprise if a site built in the 80s or 90s even were demolished to make space. This would absolutely be the case if the business analytics showed it to be a worthwhile investment.

Last edited:
Reactions: Maine Fan

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Space does not seem to be an issue in Las Vegas that it would be in other cities. I am not certain the NHL and NBA would have to share an Arena in Vegas. For example there appears to be open space right near the Las Vegas motor speedway. I would imagine there is space at the other end of the strip. And in Vegas they are always rebuilding so it wouldn’t surprise if a site built in the 80s or 90s even were demolished to make space. This would absolutely be the case if the business analytics showed it to be a worthwhile investment.
THE point is for any team who's the ownership, 2) is Black Knight Sports aka the Golden Knights wanting to add that expense to sharing an arena..... the way Delaware North allows the Celtics to share the Garden.....

in some respects, such as in Oklahoma City, the Thunder has exclusivity control over Chesapeake Energy Arena, it does not allow another franchise, no matter what sport, to share said facility, hence why there is no pro hockey in Oklahoma City, after the Blazers and Barons era, primarily due to financial constraints, pandemic, or no pandemic.... hence why the Cox Convention Center aka the Myriad was the sole option in that market.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00