Celtics/NBA 2021 Regular Season - Celtics extend their lease at TD Garden through the 2035-36 season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
I thought they had 5% wiggle room in matching salaries, but I may be off with that.

They don't allow that wiggle room for TPEs. It's kind of like cap space where you can't go over.

You can take back 125% of the salary you're sending out + $100k, so they'd have to send out $23M in salary in order to get back Beal.

Reactions: DangleCity

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
No thanks on VO. Danny is already gambling, might as well go all in and try for Giannis. Ive heard rumblings that they have a shot at him and the large Greek community is a pull for him. Rather take a run at him them more bench pieces. Even if Tatum and Brown reach their full potential, they are going to need a third star, preferably a big and I dont think they have that third star on the roster

I see 0% chance he comes here.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
I really hope that Celtics fan give Irving the reception he so richly deserves......unless he pulls another " I need a maintenance day off " crap again. :shakehead

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I really hope that Celtics fan give Irving the reception he so richly deserves......unless he pulls another " I need a maintenance day off " crap again. :shakehead

There aren't going to be fans in the building.

It kind of pisses me off that it's going to take like 3 years for Kyrie to have to show his face in front of a Boston crowd. First the fake injury and now Covid. He can't keep getting away with it.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
There aren't going to be fans in the building.

homer-slap-forehead.jpg

Total brain fart on my part. :ha:

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
No thanks on VO. Danny is already gambling, might as well go all in and try for Giannis. Ive heard rumblings that they have a shot at him and the large Greek community is a pull for him. Rather take a run at him them more bench pieces. Even if Tatum and Brown reach their full potential, they are going to need a third star, preferably a big and I don't think they have that third star on the roster
Would LOVE the Greek Freak with the Celtics, if there is anyway Ainge can pull it off he needs to be ding all he can, for once would love to see the Celts get a big superstar via trade/FA.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
When you look at the ages of when the star players win titles the Celtics aren't there yet. Tatum and Brown are "too young". I am not a huge basketball fan so waiting doesn't bother me. It looks to me like the best option is to do what you can to free up cap space over the next few years and then acquire a star in their prime to go with Tatum and Brown. I know they made ECF but Lakers would have trashed the Celtics. C's won't be true title contenders for a few years. LeBron will eventually fade and that is when Tatum and Brown will be entering their prime.

Reactions: Smitty93 and CDJ

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
I’m not going to get my hopes up about Giannis but the thought of Brown/Tatum/Giannis running the court together is pure electricity
Im not either, but that's sort of an issue that the Celtifs for whatever reasons can't sign the top tier FAs and have to settle for that 2nd tier of the Horfords, Kembas, and Haywards of the world. The only way they have been able to get those top guys is through trades and they are out of ammo unless they want to deal Brown or Tatum

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
According to ESPN there's a lot of protection for the 1st round pick going to Houston.

from espn.com:

The 2023 first-round pick is lottery protected for the Wizards. If it doesn't convey in that year, it has a succession of protections that include picks Nos. 1-12 in 2024, picks 1-10 in 2025 and picks 1-8 in 2026, sources said. If it hasn't conveyed as a first-round pick to Houston by 2026, it becomes a second-round pick in each of 2026 and 2027, sources told ESPN.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Tristan Thompson to rehab hamstring strain so not likely to be in the abbreviated preseason should be ready for the start of the 2021/22 72 game schedule

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I honestly think they’ll be starting Theis over him even if he is healthy. That guy is such an underrated player and is a perfect fit for this team

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Teague can get very ball dominant, if he’s running with the first team he basically just needs to catch and shoot. Don’t want or need him trying much else

This is where losing Hayward really hurts them imo. He was pretty much a point forward. Tatum started to make strides in his playmaking for others at least, hopefully that continues

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Tristan Thompson to rehab hamstring strain so not likely to be in the abbreviated preseason should be ready for the start of the 2021/22 72 game schedule
Teague and Thompson have a ton of mileage on them so Im a bit worried about them leaning on Thompson too much

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
we'll be fine, now Teague may be the insurance policy in case something should Kemba's medical issues flare from time to time.

Hopefully Teague can deliver. I was speaking about Thompson not starting the season at 100% because of his hamstring. While Kemba is out the team could use some help from both. Celtics schedule is tough early on, hard to come from behind. Go Celtics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland