Celtics/NBA 2021 Playoffs - Celtics season is over

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barnum

Aug 28, 2014
‘Murica Ex-Pat - UK
Kyrie is a hero in some places stop being f***ing racist he never deserved a bottle to the face.
No shit. No one deserves a bottle thrown at him. I don’t care who it is, no one deserves any violence and I don’t believe anyone has argued he deserved it. On the flip side...don’t instigate others and Kyrie was instigating others. This is a example of cause and effect. You think it is just a piece of wood, some might tell you the flag is a piece of cloth. But saying those things ignores the symbolism and meaning of what is on that piece of wood or cloth.

I have no idea why this guy is a hero to anyone. If there was a better example of a person than Kyrie Irving with a serious case of the Dunning Kruger Effect, I don’t know who it is. As someone that has circumvented and navigated the globe on three separate occasions, I don’t think you understand how insulting it is to hear people pushing the “flat earth” theory. Dude is not a hero, he is in need of an education but alas....he suffers from Dunning Kruger Effect, so instead he spreads his stupidity to impressional children and youth. I find pushing stupidity to a generation of children that look up to him, a bigger crime than throwing a water bottle.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Doubt it was racist considering he was wearing a Garnett jersey....NBA has a big time problem w fans throwing things right now.

but Boston fans condoning fans throwing things at players or making excuses that he deserved it...Stay classy guys

Last edited:

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Kyrie should be suspended game 5. He blatently tried to incite the crowd at an end of a blow out win. It shows a lack of professionalism and his actions are detrimental to the league. Celtics players have handled themselves with class all series while Kyrie who is supposed to be a veteran sows chaos.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Nobody is suspending Kyrie for stepping on a hardwood floor. He’s an asshole but that’s just silly

I think he's making a circus out of these playoffs. While the celtics act like pro's, he's on his own personal rampage trying to incite fans with that selfish action at the end of last nights game which now makes the story about him again instead of his teams accomplishments. All this vs very depleted celtics team too. Have to think this self serving act wears out with the other nets players eventually

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I think he's making a circus out of these playoffs. While the celtics act like pro's, he's on his own personal rampage trying to incite fans with that selfish action at the end of last nights game which now makes the story about him again instead of his teams accomplishments. All this vs very depleted celtics team too. Have to think this self serving act wears out with the other nets players eventually

he’s absolutely making a circus of the series and he’s definitely being selfish, I just don’t think any one thing he has done is suspendable. They have a strong union and the league wouldn’t be able to get away with suspending him for something so silly. It’s basically just trash talk

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Cryrie is so big into human rights he takes millions of dollars from Nike and I’m supposed to take him seriously after he acts like an asshole and baits another asshole into also acting like an asshole with him?

yeah no

The other guy will never go to a Celtics game again and has an assault on his record, he got what he deserved. But I’m also not gonna brand the guy a racist, he did something that a lot of people have (Unfortunately) done across many sports and it was in direct response to what Kyrie had done a minute prior. Joe Harris could have done it and would have had a bottle thrown at him, he just wouldn’t do it because he’s not an egomaniac that would immediately make a playoff win about himself

sometimes I wonder how Harden puts up with being in a locker room with a circus clown and an insecure bitch. People don’t talk about it but he’s kinda hard, he’ll have a team of goons jump you if he doesn’t like you. Ask Moses Malone’s kid. Really weird personality blend and that’s probably the only way they lose tbh. Blake Griffin is probably really important off the court for that team, keeping things light when one of the leaders is having one of his episodes and the other is creating burner accounts on Twitter to defend himself against any criticism

Also it is a bit funny to me that some of the same people defending Kyrie who are like “so what it’s just a logo on a floor?” are acting like Kyrie should be a Purple Heart recipient for a bottle landing in his vicinity. I find humor in that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mione134

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Cryrie is so big into human rights he takes millions of dollars from Nike and I’m supposed to take him seriously after he acts like an asshole and baits another asshole into also acting like an asshole with him?

yeah no

The other guy will never go to a Celtics game again and has an assault on his record, he got what he deserved. But I’m also not gonna brand the guy a racist, he did something that a lot of people have (Unfortunately) done across many sports and it was in direct response to what Kyrie had done a minute prior. Joe Harris could have done it and would have had a bottle thrown at him, he just wouldn’t do it because he’s not an egomaniac that would immediately make a playoff win about himself

sometimes I wonder how Harden puts up with being in a locker room with a circus clown and an insecure bitch. People don’t talk about it but he’s kinda hard, he’ll have a team of goons jump you if he doesn’t like you. Ask Moses Malone’s kid. Really weird personality blend and that’s probably the only way they lose tbh. Blake Griffin is probably really important off the court for that team, keeping things light when one of the leaders is having one of his episodes and the other is creating burner accounts on Twitter to defend himself against any criticism

Also it is a bit funny to me that some of the same people defending Kyrie who are like “so what it’s just a logo on a floor?” are acting like Kyrie should be a Purple Heart recipient for a bottle landing in his vicinity. I find humor in that.

I also think that move by Kyrie and fan reaction to it created a dangerous situation for all the players and fans. none of that needed to happen with the game over as it added fuel to an already tense situation

pgm16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2010
St. John's NL
It is never ok to throw things at a player, never!

I have a Red Auerbach t-shirt that says " The Boston Celtics are not just a basketball team, they are a way of life "

Kyrie is well aware of the culture and tradition of what that Logo stands for & it was disrespectful. He is a chump !!

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
He didn't deserve to be hit with a bottle however, his need to be disrespectful and paint generalizations about the fan base and the city is what I have a major problem with.
Just like the fan needs to be held accountable, Kyrie needs to be held accountable for what he said prior to game 3 and again after last night.

The whole thing didn't need to happen.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Throwing anything at an athlete is wrong.

Spitting on any athlete is wrong.

Crossing the line by saying something personal is wrong.

One guy throwing a water bottle at someone does not represent an entire fanbase or city. A fact that should not have to be said, but Kyrie and Durant are who they are so here we are.

EDIT: Please see below post for why this was not fair to Durant. His quote was taken out of context entirely.

Last edited:

BruinsPortugal

Dec 3, 2009
Portugal
Throwing garbage is just plain stupid and the fan deserved the ban.

Kyrie is just an idiot who unfortunately happens to have an audience. Boston should just dismiss him completely, people give him way too much attention, usually with this people, the best thing to do is to pretend like he doesnt exist.

Racism?? fml what a prick.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
I take back all the good things I said after game 3. The players, the effort, the fans, all vomit inducing.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
What kind of Neanderthal throws a water bottle at another human being at a sporting event?? Loser.

With that said I don’t like that kyrie immediately pulled out his race card. If kyrie were white that loser fan would still throw the bottle. Call it for what it is, a stupid f****** fan completely out of line. Imo race had nothing to do with it.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Throwing anything at an athlete is wrong.

Spitting on any athlete is wrong.

Crossing the line by saying something personal is wrong.

One guy throwing a water bottle at someone does not represent an entire fanbase or city. A fact that should not have to be said, but Kyrie and Durant are who they are so here we are.
We can keep saying it's one fan, or small portion, or that was in our past and the city changed, but these situations continue to happen. I think its the wrong approach and makes us look bad when people say it's only one person or a small group. Obviously no one thinks it's the entire city, but this incident HURTS. Kyrie wrote a narrative before games 3 and 4 to shield himself from criticism. All it takes is for one idiot to prove another idiot right and someone took the bait hard last night and chuked a bottle at him. Now Kyrie gets to walk around and basically say "told ya so"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad