Speculation: 2021 Offseason Thread - Back To Back Champs Edition

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I'm not expecting it, but imagine he comes here and bangs like 25 this year for us. Lmao the salt if he does...
I think there's a good chance he slots in as the net front guy on the PP. I don't think it's out of the question at all that he scores a decent amount of goals.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
I think there's a good chance he slots in as the net front guy on the PP. I don't think it's out of the question at all that he scores a decent amount of goals.

Maybe if Killorn isn't good to go at the beginning of the year. I really don't want to see Cirelli in that spot again.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Maybe if Killorn isn't good to go at the beginning of the year. I really don't want to see Cirelli in that spot again.
Cirelli was allergic to going to the net when he had the open ice/space. Cirelli on that 1st unit showed me how valuable Killer is on that unit as that bumper guy behind the net / infront of the goalie. Cirelli wasn't able to really help with the slot Point set ups either.

2nd unit has Marron as the net front guy so im not sure if Perry gets PP time tbh, maybe high slot on the 2nd unit since Gourde and Johnson are gone.

Is Corey good at PK-ing at all?

BoltzManConstant

Mar 8, 2017
Upper West Side
Cirelli was allergic to going to the net when he had the open ice/space. Cirelli on that 1st unit showed me how valuable Killer is on that unit as that bumper guy behind the net / infront of the goalie. Cirelli wasn't able to really help with the slot Point set ups either.

2nd unit has Marron as the net front guy so im not sure if Perry gets PP time tbh, maybe high slot on the 2nd unit since Gourde and Johnson are gone.

Is Corey good at PK-ing at all?

We're talking a tiny sample size, and to the extent it actually was a problem it's nothing that some first-unit practice wouldn't fix.

I promise you that anything the broadcast color guy sees is something our coaching staff can see and correct.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Wonder if we bring Marty's kid in for a tryout at prospect camp
Can't. He'll already be at Northeastern for school. NCAA kids (Walker and Perbix) and prospects playing in European Leagues (Groshev and Pylenkov) don't play in the September rookie camps & tournaments which feed into the main NHL training camps. Boisbriand in the QMJHL hold his CHL rights. Going that route would allow him to get an invite.

Best bet would have been to bring him in during the summer for development camp, but it was canceled and the staff held a virtual one instead.

Last edited:
Reactions: Felonious Python

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Out of curiosity, which of your players has the cup right now? They are really close to my family cottage beach and I got not a clue.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad