2021 Offseason Thread | 2022 Roster Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
Are you trying to buy or sell?
Get a legitimate top 6 RW to play with Robertson and Hintz or a LW for Seguin at the very least if you do move Lindell.
I'd try to add someone like Meier, Debrincat, Nylander, or maybe Mantha.
Selling the ufa’s . Only trading Lindell if it’s gonna help the offense . Was thinking about toffoli from the habs. Nylander was already traded .

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Selling the ufa’s . Only trading Lindell if it’s gonna help the offense . Was thinking about toffoli from the habs. Nylander was already traded .
Toffoli is a decent option, not sure he's worth Lindell if that's the price, but you don't have a lot to work with.
He'd fit in well enough at least for a few years

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
Ya
Toffoli is a decent option, not sure he's worth Lindell if that's the price, but you don't have a lot to work with.
He'd fit in well enough at least for a few years
ya I think they would have to add a sweetener .

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
Toffoli didn’t work out . Trying to work on a deal for denisenko from Florida .

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
It’s official , gm bfantz has traded Jamie oleksiak and Anton khudobin to Toronto in exchange for Fredrick Anderson , a 5th round pick in this years draft and a second round pick in next years draft . Would you guys be happy ? Or want me fired ?

Last edited:

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
It’s official , gm bfantz has traded Jamie oleksiak and Anton khudobin to Toronto in exchange for Fredrick Anderson , a 5th round pick in this years draft and a second round pick in next years draft . Would you guys be happy ? Or want me fired ?

That sounds horrible.

Reactions: Starry Knight

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
The Stars need to remove a goalie not swap them.
Bringing Anderson back was solely just to make the cap work . There was limited interest in khudobin so getting a 5th seemed better than losing him to Seattle for nothing . Anderson is off the books at the end of the year so this deal frees up like 5 mil in cap space .

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Bringing Anderson back was solely just to make the cap work . There was limited interest in khudobin so getting a 5th seemed better than losing him to Seattle for nothing . Anderson is off the books at the end of the year so this deal frees up like 5 mil in cap space .

Except we still have to lose someone else to the expansion draft.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Colton Point and Landon Bow both qualify .

For goalies, sure.

I mean more that we're going to lose someone else anyway. Trading Khudobin for a 5th to lose Dickinson for example seems meh. I'd rather keep Dickinson than have an extra 5th.

Reactions: Dallasman

serp

Jan 17, 2016
For goalies, sure.

I mean more that we're going to lose someone else anyway. Trading Khudobin for a 5th to lose Dickinson for example seems meh. I'd rather keep Dickinson than have an extra 5th.

Khudobin hasn't been all that good this year. There's a decent chance Seattle doesn't take him even if he's available to take and takes Dickinson anyway.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
For goalies, sure.

At least this also gets us out of that khudobin contract.
Losing dickinson will hurt about as much as eakin did. Not one bit.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
At least this also gets us out of that khudobin contract.
Losing dickinson will hurt about as much as eakin did. Not one bit.

Dickinson is better than Eakin , who hurts his teams when he plays , but he's very replaceable.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
If Khudobin had a better season than he has i'd be more open to keeping him for the expansion draft but the way he's been playing i don't want to take the chance of having to find a trade after the expansion draft for him because he very clearly can't be on the Stars roster next season.

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
Losing khudobins contract seemed like a top priority. Getting something for it now is better than having to pay to lose it at the expansion or next year . This would give us the ability to sign someone better than Dickinson so that wouldn’t matter if they took him .

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
Recency bias aside, Dickinson is the most dime-a-dozen type player on our team. He doesn’t do anything exceptionally well, he’s average all across the board. Shouldn’t be an anchor point of discussion at all.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Recency bias aside, Dickinson is the most dime-a-dozen type player on our team. He doesn’t do anything exceptionally well, he’s average all across the board. Shouldn’t be an anchor point of discussion at all.
Certainly don't give up anything to protect him. If Seattle picks him, so be it. Someone has to go.

Reactions: LT
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad