2021 Offseason Thread | 2022 Roster Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Only Fiddler was actually a good player of those named .

They were all good, and filled their role perfectly. Exactly what we needed out of a fourth line.

We don't need Caamano putting up 5 points, taking 30 penalties, and doing nothing.

Reactions: JeffP

serp

Jan 17, 2016
They were all good, and filled their role perfectly. Exactly what we needed out of a fourth line.

We don't need Caamano putting up 5 points, taking 30 penalties, and doing nothing.

Garbutt had one good season in 13-14 and became garbage again afterwards . Nystrom didn't even have that and was just meh his whole career.

Reactions: Spotty 2 Hotty

Sports2

smack my bisch up
Jul 1, 2018
Garbutt had one good season in 13-14 and became garbage again afterwards . Nystrom didn't even have that and was just meh his whole career.
Nystrom was traded to Dallas for future considerations and went on to score 16 goals that season. He was a great Dallas Star for what he was and a bright spot on that doodoo season. No Nystrom slander allowed here bud.

Reactions: Magic Mittens

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Nystrom was traded to Dallas for future considerations and went on to score 16 goals that season. He was a great Dallas Star for what he was and a bright spot on that doodoo season. No Nystrom slander allowed here bud.

The only thing about Nystrom i remember was the hit on Letang and then Roenick and Milbury screamed at each other about it.

Reactions: sportswastaken

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
It may just be me, but I think we spend too much time shuffling the 4th line here. I do recall the old days of 08-09 where it seemed our 4th line outplayed other 4th lines. But, if our 1,2 and 3 lines outplay the other team, I doubt that would make a difference.

We seem to have settled our goalie and D situations pretty well. The discussion ought to be on how do they get more scoring forwards. Yeah, maybe we get a new version of Nystrom or Garbutt or Tyler Pitlick and hope they have their one big goal scoring season.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
It may just be me, but I think we spend too much time shuffling the 4th line here. I do recall the old days of 08-09 where it seemed our 4th line outplayed other 4th lines. But, if our 1,2 and 3 lines outplay the other team, I doubt that would make a difference.

We seem to have settled our goalie and D situations pretty well. The discussion ought to be on how do they get more scoring forwards. Yeah, maybe we get a new version of Nystrom or Garbutt or Tyler Pitlick and hope they have their one big goal scoring season.
I understand it for this season. In theory. With the compressed schedule, you want to get fresh legs in the lineup. You hope these fresh legs leads to, if nothing else, a hot forecheck and lots of cycling deep in the offensive zone. You hope these fresh legs help wear out the opposition to make life easier for your tired top of the roster.

Unfortunately, a number of the guys being cycled in for this team aren't exactly getting that done, so they aren't making strong cases for next season.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I understand it for this season. In theory. With the compressed schedule, you want to get fresh legs in the lineup. You hope these fresh legs leads to, if nothing else, a hot forecheck and lots of cycling deep in the offensive zone. You hope these fresh legs help wear out the opposition to make life easier for your tired top of the roster.

Unfortunately, the guys being cycled in for this team aren't exactly getting that done.

Yeah but thats what we got this year. I don't think it would be smart to disrupt the good thing Damiani and Mascherin have going in the AHL right now to maybe save this broken ass compressed NHL season. Just let those two have great AHL year and see what we have in them next season.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Yeah but thats what we got this year. I don't think it would be smart to disrupt the good thing Damiani and Mascherin have going in the AHL right now to maybe save this broken ass compressed NHL season. Just let those two have great AHL year and see what we have in them next season.
I'm with you. This is a very strange season to figure out what to do even if you've given up and are thinking to the future. Selling vets and bringing kids up is the usual way of doing things, but with there being very few practices, calling kids up for experience is going to be very limited experience. How much growth would they get only doing morning skates and playing 12 minutes a night in the NHL?

WhoahNow

WhatsApp lead the way
Sep 7, 2011
I'm with you. This is a very strange season to figure out what to do even if you've given up and are thinking to the future. Selling vets and bringing kids up is the usual way of doing things, but with there being very few practices, calling kids up for experience is going to be very limited experience. How much growth would they get only doing morning skates and playing 12 minutes a night in the NHL?
If Cogs and Comeau are traded off at the deadline, just have the taxi squad guys be regulars till the end of the seaosn. This is Damiani's first pro season let him finish in the AHL or maybe give him the last game or two of the NHL season

Reactions: Hull Fan

JeffP

had meat hello
Nov 30, 2010
The only thing about Nystrom i remember was the hit on Letang and then Roenick and Milbury screamed at each other about it.
i remember he did a strip tease on the ice in cgy before we snagged him

i assumed thats why we were interested

how the hell has dickinson been w the team since 2015-16? that seems like wizardry.. hes only been here 2 years right?

Last edited:
Reactions: sportswastaken

Sports2

smack my bisch up
Jul 1, 2018
This will be Seguins 8th season. Seeing young, long-haired Benn in those Nystrom videos... we’re getting old brehs....

WhoahNow

WhatsApp lead the way
Sep 7, 2011
With Miro having a rougher year I wonder what his contract will look like. He's still very good, and will continue to be very good, but he hasn't lit it up this year. For me the most important thing would be not having a contract that will take him to UFA status when its done, a 3/4 year bridge deal probably makes the most sense and then a new contract once the salary cap goes back up.

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
With Miro having a rougher year I wonder what his contract will look like. He's still very good, and will continue to be very good, but he hasn't lit it up this year. For me the most important thing would be not having a contract that will take him to UFA status when its done, a 3/4 year bridge deal probably makes the most sense and then a new contract once the salary cap goes back up.

He is scoring at a 0.6ppg clip. Just like he should be expected to with the defensive game he brings.
Compare; Niedermayer and Lidström.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Miro had a rough start to the season but he's mostly picked up it since then outside some stinker games. I don't think this year changes anything.

Reactions: Kcb12345

Ghost of Kyiv

Wanted Dead and Alive
Feb 1, 2015
Schrödinger's Box
I guess Mascherin requires waivers, I think Dallas will probably give him a shot rather then try to sneak him through.

Unless I'm interpreting the expansion draft rules incorrectly, I'm pretty sure he'll be available to Seattle. I don't think he'd get selected, but might be worth mentioning as a dark horse if Seattle doesn't like Khudobin and can't come to terms with Oleksiak.

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
I guess Mascherin requires waivers, I think Dallas will probably give him a shot rather then try to sneak him through.

Unless I'm interpreting the expansion draft rules incorrectly, I'm pretty sure he'll be available to Seattle. I don't think he'd get selected, but might be worth mentioning as a dark horse if Seattle doesn't like Khudobin and can't come to terms with Oleksiak.

I think you are right but not exactly sure myself . The rules say 1st and 2nd year NHL players are exempt . Does that mean all players under contracts ?

Ghost of Kyiv

Wanted Dead and Alive
Feb 1, 2015
Schrödinger's Box
I think you are right but not exactly sure myself . The rules say 1st and 2nd year NHL players are exempt . Does that mean all players under contracts ?

I think the exact wording from the NHL is "All first- and second-year professionals" are exempt. The NHL defines professionals as any player signed to a standard player contract (such as an ELC). This will be Mascherin's third season playing minor league pro hockey under his entry level contract, so to me he should be available.

I've just never seen him mentioned anywhere, and legalese is not my first language.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Mascherin is in his third AHL season. Seattle can pick him if the Stars don't chose to protect him.

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
Mascherin is in his third AHL season. Seattle can pick him if the Stars don't chose to protect him.
Well there’s another reason he should maybe get a look this year . Throw him in the top 6 for a couple games and see if he’s capable and worthy of protection . Or maybe they would rather hide him so he has a lesser chance of being picked .

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
Anyone have any trade proposals ? Considerable interest in Lindell and faksa in the mock tdl .

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Anyone have any trade proposals ? Considerable interest in Lindell and faksa in the mock tdl .

Are you trying to buy or sell?
Get a legitimate top 6 RW to play with Robertson and Hintz or a LW for Seguin at the very least if you do move Lindell.
I'd try to add someone like Meier, Debrincat, Nylander, or maybe Mantha.

Reactions: Bfantz
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad