2021 Offseason Thread | 2022 Roster Speculation Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

JesusNPucks

Dec 22, 2009
Amman, Jordan
Stray thought for the day. This is a quote from a TSN article about Eichel reporting for pre-camp physicals:

“I’m worried about doing what’s right for the Buffalo Sabres,” Adams said. “That’s why I take the emotion out of it, look at what’s best for us moving forward. And if there’s something that makes sense, we’ll do it.”

First off, it’s just a lousy situation all around, and I won’t comment on what I think the outcome should be.

All I do want to say is: this quote made me glad for GMJN2.0 because he would never say something like that. That Adams quote basically throws the player under the bus for the sake of the org. And I get that he’s an employee of the org and must look out for the interests of the org. But still. . . that does not communicate, “We care about people.” It communicates (to me), “You are a cog in the machine. And I care about you to the extent that you are useful to us.”

Again, just a lousy situation.

93Crazed101

Apr 27, 2017
Greater Dallas
Has Lehtonen been spotted in Dallas lately? Bet he could fill in.
I'd honestly rather have Lehtonen than Hotbly. Especially if Lehtonen were on a two way deal. Lehtonen was fun to watch when he was on. Feel like he could potentially recapture that if he was called up to fill in for Khudobin or Oettinger. Know it's not the most smart take in the world. But I'm motivated in this conviction by equal parts nostalgia and disdain for Hotbly's contract.

Reactions: Johno

Captain Awesome

Mar 29, 2008
Long Beach, CA
Saw this article, to be honest I have no idea who the person is who wrote it, but I thought the article was at least interesting, and about the most divisive player on the team.

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
Today, I’m learning there’s a player named Profaca.

He was an invite to Traverse. 1st time draft eligible this past season, but he went undrafted.

Pretty much a defensive defenseman purely, and he was just a body so they could have 7 D.

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
The only mild surprise on that entire roster is that Profaca earned a main camp invite.

I would imagine it was a done deal from the point they decided to bring him to Traverse, and I wouldn't expect that his play had much of anything to do with it.

I know it hasn't always been the case that a Traverse spot guaranteed a training camp spot, but it's not like he was noticeable and I think he only played 2 games if IIRC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad