2021 Offseason Thread | 2022 Roster Speculation Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Fight with Glendening for the 4th line Center spot in camp and if he doesn't get it one of the first callups.

Captain Awesome

Mar 29, 2008
Long Beach, CA
That’s kinda easy to happen when you make it to the finals and play that many more games than everyone else .

Yeah, looking at the raw numbers doesn't make a lot of sense, you're comparing them against teams that only played in the play-in rounds. Playoff sample sizes are way too small to really be meaningful, but if you wanted to look at it on a relative basis, find the GF/60 and GA/60 rankings instead. Of course a team who has played 20+ games will have more goals for and goals against than a team that played 3 or 4 games.

Reactions: Bfantz

serp

Jan 17, 2016

Much more even than in previous years outside the Canadian teams

Captain Awesome

Mar 29, 2008
Long Beach, CA
Don't know if this is good or bad.
On the one hand it can't be anywhere near as bad as NBC, on the other hand what if it is

I'm imagining a person who is curious about hockey enough that they sit down to watch their first game in a while on ESPN. I feel bad for this person, because they have picked a night where the Stars are playing. They're seeing some of the most conservative and boring hockey you can watch at the pro level and never watch hockey again. I wanted to make a joke about them playing the Sutter coached Calgary Flames, but they aren't being shown at all, which is probably the right call. As a Stars fan, I can't imagine what would possess them to feature this team 11 times a year, and 3 times on ESPN, tying us with the other most featured teams (all of which are more fun to watch). If I'm ESPN, there's no way I'm showing the Maple Leafs fewer times than the Dallas Stars. I get it, they're a Canadian team, but they play a much more fun brand of high event hockey than the Stars will. That also goes for featuring the Islanders and (I'm assuming) the Kraken. I bet both are gonna be super boring to watch.

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
We’re getting close and can’t wait to bitch haha. It is going to be a season that should answer some questions though.

Let’s go!

edit - probably ask even more questions but I’m ready.

Last edited:

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad
I think you missed my point.
Football players in a lot of american schools are held to different standards that the average non athletic student.
Especially in the high school setting, most are just given passing grades without actually doing anything.

I don't think this is true, at least not in the football hotbed high schools I'm familiar with.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I don't think this is true, at least not in the football hotbed high schools I'm familiar with.

High school is easy enough where you can get by doing very little as it is.

It's definitely true in college however, or at least at the university I'm at currently. Had a couple of football players as group members or partners on some stuff and they put in the least amount of effort I've ever seen someone do and somehow still passed...to be fair tho one of em told me he just has his tutor do all of his work for him lmao.

He had 2 touchdowns tonight. They can't play if they don't pass, so they never get failed. I feel like it's becoming a much more common thing these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad